V-Rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bob Lob Law

Default V-Rocker

I'm looking to get a V-Rocker board for this year. I rode a 158 Custom ICS with Cartel bindings last season and loved it. I was looking at the Hero (anyone know where I can get a 158 or 155 2009 late season release hero?) and then discovered the Joystick. Can anyone let me know the pros and cons of the two boards? Maybe make some other suggestions as well?

I really like the ICS Burton has. I have found that I like jibs and flatland stuff with some park and boxes over just shredding down the mtn, However I dont want to limit myself on the mountain based on what board I'm riding that day. I really like that about the Custom, she'll go anywhere and perform.

Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Before you go too crazy about the V Rocker, you should know its going to ride different than your cambered Custom. Have you gotten to ride any reverse camber boards before?
gidget_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bob Lob Law

Yeah, I rode a late season realease hero demo at last years US Open. I liked the reverse camber style and like the idea of having two boards (the custom and whatever V-rocker board I get) to just swap the EST bindings out depending on the conditions/company etc.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

i rode the hero 58 most of last season, and spent about a month on a joysick 161 before the season ended. the joystick is a stiffer board for sure but its also more appropriate for my size and for the kind of riding i do. i don't feel it is really much less playful then the hero or anything, but the hero wasn't the easiest board for me to ride in heavy tracked up pow or on very icy days (of which i don't ride many).

to me it sounds like the joystick and your custom will overlap in scope and purpose even though they will ride and feel entirely different, if you are looking to have a quiver of sorts of different boards to ride with different feels then i would get the hero.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote