Opinions on this Board/Possible Bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
wild_spot

Default Opinions on this Board/Possible Bindings?

Newbie here. Iíve got a second hand board (Rossignol Zena w/ Ride Bindings) that I bought cheap for this season. Iíd been boarding once a few years ago with school and really enjoyed it. Iíve made it up about 4/5 times so far this season, and had a few lessons. I can link turns on green runs confidently, and yesterday in my lesson was linking turns on steeper blue runs, doing small jumps, going through trees and learnt how to do 360ís and ride goofy. (Sorry if I got some terms wrong, not good on all the language!)

I really like my board so far, but itís got some wear and tear and the bindings are showing their age. I think Iím going to buy myself a new board for next season, and new bindings are a must.

I mostly like to ride the whole mountain and exploreÖ It will be a long time/if ever before I venture into a park. Small jumps on a run maybe, but that would be all.

Weight: 70kg, I think. Roughly.
Boot size: Womens 9.
Riding style: See above.
Your location of riding: Perisher/Thredbo in AUS. A fair bit of manmade snow.

Iíve been looking around a lot, wherever I go, and been doing a bit of research on the net. So far I really like the 2010 Never Summer Lotus-R. Does anyone here have any experience with or an opinion on this board? I found a website that ships to Australia, which is good, and not too expensive. ($625 AUS dollars including shipping). I like the flexibility my board has now, but I donít really know how flex vs. stiff will effect my riding. (I know itís more about how I ride than the board, but still curious).

Also, does anyone have any ideas for bindings that would go well with this board/my style of riding? Iíve looked into it a bit, but really donít get the differences between bindings and their suitability for different stylesÖ If itís needed, I have the 2009 Ride Sage boots. The ride bindings I have currently are old and difficult to undo. I really like the toe caps that are on the Burton bindings, though Iím sure a lot of other brand s have this as well. I have good access to brands like Burton, Ride, Salomon, RossignolÖ Not so much the others but happy to pay for shipping if not too much.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

i know never summers are insanely durable and from what i hear there reverse camber is off the hook.so that would probably be a great board. its going to have decent stiffness to it but something you will get used to and you will prolly get a looser feel with the reverse camber so it shouldnt be any more difficult to ride. i dont know much about that Rossignol so its hard for me to compare. i do know the lotus is directional so it should make your turns easier and float better when riding regs. going switch(goofy) will be slightly more difficult, i know that Rossignol zena is directional and you shouldnt notice a change at all in that aspect. i think it would be a good choice for you but certainly dont limit your options. as for bindings check out salomon or burton. for your riding level and style i would say they offer a binding that would suit you nicely.
jibbherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
wild_spot

Thanks for that! I probably won't actually buy a board until next year, so i'm definately still looking and am open to anything that would be a better fit.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its hard to go wrong with any Never Summer boards really unless you severely over or undersize them..
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote