Need help getting a new board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help getting a new board.

Hey. I'm gonna get a new board this year and I want mainly a park board. I'm 13 years old and about 5'3" and weigh 100 pounds. I'm mainly wondering what size and I also want some suggestions on boards in the $200-$300 dollar price range. I'm also considering getting flow flite 1 bindings from this website . It looks like a really good deal. Thanks for the help guys. -Collin

Edit: Also thinking about getting this board . Does it seem good? I hear a lot of good things about youngbloods. I'm also looking at maybe some kind of burton too. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by lareaper; 08-04-2009 at 05:21 PM.
lareaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

look at the capita stairmaster and I'd stay away from any of flow's flite series. Typically people don't speak too highly of the flows till you get to the m9's and above. I had the Flite 3's as my first set of bindings, they got me by, but I wouldn't ride them again.
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well the M9's are only 50 more so I may get those. Why are flow flite's bad? And what is a good size for me?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

My advice, stay away from flows period. They're heavy and in my experience not very responsive. As far as boards go, the youngblood is a great board. I rode one myself for awhile. However the one you have on the link is not a true youngblood, the mini is basically a lower end board with youngblood graphics. I'm sure its not big enough of a difference that you would notice, but just so you know. Take a look at sierrasnowboard.com, they have a sale on all 09 snowboards 50% off, you can find some good deals. I would recommend the forum youngblood, forum recon, ride agenda, ride kink, burton dominant, nitro t1, forum substance, rome cheap trick, rome artifact, rome machine. Most of those boards would originally be out of the price range you mentioned, however at 50% off they are all under $300.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bindings being heavy? Like I know some bindings say they aren't heavy and stuff but would it really make that much difference? I like the flows cause of how the back comes down and you can get in and out of them really quick. I think that'd help if I gotta walk back to the top of the park some. And I'm gonna check out that site right now. Thanks. Still what size do I need???
Old 08-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

Well depending on your skill level binding weight may not be a big factor to you, but I know it is for me. As far as size goes its all personal preference. I'm 6'0 and I ride a 157. I live in PA, so I'm not doing big mountain riding so I don't need a big board. Also if your 13 you may want a board that will still fit you when you grow a little taller. I don't even remember what size board I rode when I was 13, so the only advice I can give you to find a good size is to take a tape measure, measure the height from the ground to your chin. Make sure you convert it to centimeters as tape measures are usually inches/feet. Then a board around the size. It doesn't have to be exact, but just in the general area of that size. If you want a board you can use after you grow a little, then go a little size up.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just used this thing Snowboard Sizing Guide, Size Calculator and put in all my stuff and it says for a me a 135-137 cm board with a 239-245 waist wisth range. That sound okay?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

Normally I don't use any sizing guides, that guide told me to ride a 156. I ride a 157, so it was close. As I mentioned I don't know what size I rode at that height, but I think it was around a 140. If you want, you can also go to a local snowboard shop and just look at the sizes and see what fits, It is August so a lot of shops will have low stock, if any. But you can always try. What size is your current board?
Old 08-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's a 126 lol. It felt fine but I hit a growth spurt recently so idk. I'm gonna see right now.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Okay I couldn't even try the board cause my boots don't even fit lol. It only goes to like my shoulder though lol. I think I may try a 135 or so this year. Idk yet though. I don't think I need anything really expensive either cause pretty much anything will be better than my $100 burton chopper and my $60 drake bindings and my $30 boots I bought at dicks sporting goods lol.