Bataleon Riot Too Advanced For Me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Riot Too Advanced For Me?

Hi All,

I'll be headed into my 2nd season this winter, and I was really looking at getting a Bataleon snowboard. I wanted mainly an all mountain freestyle board, with usage maybe once or twice in deep pow. I live on the east coast, so it'll mainly be used on ice, groomers, hardpacked snow.

I wanted to focus on improving my carving as well as riding switch, but at the same time wanted to have a board that was suitable for beginner level park riding as well. I was thinking about getting an evil twin, but just wanted to know if that'll be feasible to use on blue and black runs? I was also thinking about a Riot since it's a bit stiffer than the ET, but I read that it's mainly considered for advance riders. I'm not trying to hit huge booters, maybe some smaller kickers and beginner funboxes and rails.

I think the Riot would be OK, I wouldn't mind the ET as well, but I figure the Riot could be used as more of an all mountain type board. I've never owned a sintered board before, they've all been extruded, so I just wanted to make sure it wont' kill me if i decide to get one, haha.

Thanks,

JP
johncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

The reason the Riot is rated for advanced riders is that it is much less forgiving than their lower end boards. I would not recommend if your a beginner level park rider. Believe me, the Evil Twin is an excellent board. If your getting started in the park I would even look into the Airobic. It's a little softer than the evil twin and more forgiving for beginners. Getting a sintered board will definitely not kill you. Keep in mind, sintered boards are only faster when properly maintained and waxed. When I first rode a sintered board I was in my third season and I couldn't even notice a difference, however after more experience you'll be able to tell the difference easily without a problem. So my overall recommendation would be to get the Airobic or Evil Twin. Good luck finding the right board.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice 101. Just an FYI though, I currently have a K2 WWW as a park board, and I'm sure that this board will not be too stable on steeper terrain. My WWW is 152, and i was thinking of getting an ET 155 for steeper terrain + park riding. Do you think that's redundant, or just plain makes sense at all?

Thanks,

JP
Old 08-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

No that makes complete sense. Yeah the WWW is definitely not gonna hold up on steeper terrain. If your looking to get some freeriding out of the new board then disregard the Airobic. The Evil Twin would still be a solid choice, however also look in the Goliath and the Jam. Those are two of Bataleon's all mountain boards. You can take them through the park and they will work fine, but has a little bit more focus on freeriding than the Evil Twin. They are a little bit stiffer, they have just a little bit of a directional shape but with a twin flex, and the stance is back about 10 cm. If you are going to be focusing on your park riding with a touch of freeride, then I would say get the Evil Twin. But If you will be focusing on freeriding with a touch of park, then I would say look at the Goliath or the Jam.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

hey thanks for the tip..sorry this thread is kind of old, but i think i'm strongly consiering the goliath now..what size would be good for me, a 153 or a 157? I'm 6'1" 165-170 lbs..thanks

jp
Old 09-28-2009, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

10cm is like 4 inches bud....

otherwise solid advice. Never summer evo would also be a good choice.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncp View Post
hey thanks for the tip..sorry this thread is kind of old, but i think i'm strongly consiering the goliath now..what size would be good for me, a 153 or a 157? I'm 6'1" 165-170 lbs..thanks

jp
I would check out the 2010 Evil Twin. It's got a sintruded base and their twin TBT. The 155 ET would make a great all mtn board that would be pretty damn good in the park too.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Riot is stiffer and has a faster base than the ET. Majority of their team riders are on it. It's def the better of the two for an all-mountain board. ET is slightly cheaper and seems to be their most popular board among consumers.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

he meant 10mm, haha..