Just had an idea. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just had an idea.

I generally know which boards/bindings I want.

Well, assuming I get the same bind/boot manufacturer (looking at salomon f22/f24 boots with the salomon relay type bindings)... the boots will be compatible with the bindings always.. right?

so should I just head into a local specialty shop to just buy boots and save money by buying the bindings/board online (if it indeed is cheaper online?)

I'm going back home this weekend so I will definitely have time to order.

1. do I need to detune a new boards's non effective edge?
2. is there any way i can mess up the board waxing it myself?
3. any problems with the boots/binding types I'm considering?
4. was wondering what length suggestions you guys had, I'm 5' 9" or 5' 8" or between or a bit above 5" 9', no idea exactly lol. 238 lbs, never summer heritage
5. oh shoot, I just realized my feet size might require a wide, although never summers are generally a bit wider... uhh, is this something I need to try locally?

Last edited by NoirX252; 08-05-2009 at 01:01 AM.
NoirX252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 02:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As far as the boots go, I wear the F22s and couldn't imagine wearing anything else. I love 'em!
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

1. It's all up to you. What are your going to be riding mainly? If you will be carving down the hill mainly then I would say no. If you will be in the park or doing butters then it wouldn't be a bad idea. I personally detune only my park/rail board, but on my freeride board I keep the edges nice and sharp all the way around.

2. Yes, there is, but its pretty hard to mess stuff up really bad. The main thing you need to be careful of if your new to wazing your own board is to make sure you don't leave the iron in one place for too long. That will melt the adhesive holding the layers together and not to mention burn the ptex base.Don't get scared by this though, you have to build up alot of heat for this to happen. Along with that make sure the iron is at the right temperature. If you want you can go on youtube and watch some videos on how to wax a board, I think there are even board maintenance guides on these forum.

3. Never rode Salomon, so I couldn't tell you.

4. Again, it depends on your riding. If your going to be doing a lot of freeriding then you would want to get a bigger board. If you will be in the park a lot then a smaller board would probably suit you better.

5. What size is your foot? Usually its recommended that people with an 11+ size boot get at least a midwide. What is the waist width of your board now? Are you getting any toe/heel drag with it?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is my first board. I wear a size 10 1/2 or 11... BUT I never really wear proper fitting shoes, I MIGHT have too much toe space, not sure, I just don't really care how my sneakers fit but I do care on how my snowboard boots fit.

Going to be doing a lot of free riding.
NoirX252 is offline   Reply With Quote