Burton Operator - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
gr9719

Default Burton Operator

I am looking into the Burton Operator for an all around kind of board. I will ride in the park a little, nothing huge, and also out west just cruising around. Is this a decent board for this type of riding? does it lack anaything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

no, its a great directional do everything board, its often overlooked because its shawn whites board and lots of people think its just a pipe board or they hate him
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

it is unfortunate shaun white is so hated. i guess cause hes so main stream but he is the most dominate half pipe and slope style rider in the sport at the moment. and his riding elsewhere is over-looked. not saying hes jib gnar but im sure he can get pretty butter
jibbherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
gr9719

There was once a day that I cared about brand name and whos name was on something but thank God I made it past that. It seemed like a decent board that I can pick up pretty cheap, in stock at the size I want. I am just getting back into snowboarding after 9 years off due to reconstructive back surgery. I'm not up on the whos who but I have seen Shaun White's name on a lot of competitions and it seems like he is on top for the most part, even for skateboarding. I saw a movie onhim, forgot the name but he was riding backcountry in Japan or somewhere over there. he seemed pretty chill. Is he hated because he's one of the best or am I missing something?

Thanks for the advice on the board!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr9719 View Post
There was once a day that I cared about brand name and whos name was on something but thank God I made it past that. It seemed like a decent board that I can pick up pretty cheap, in stock at the size I want. I am just getting back into snowboarding after 9 years off due to reconstructive back surgery. I'm not up on the whos who but I have seen Shaun White's name on a lot of competitions and it seems like he is on top for the most part, even for skateboarding. I saw a movie onhim, forgot the name but he was riding backcountry in Japan or somewhere over there. he seemed pretty chill. Is he hated because he's one of the best or am I missing something?

Thanks for the advice on the board!
In snowboarding and skateboarding people really want to be independant with their own styles. When people that aren't really into snowboarding think of it they know shaun and the brand burton because they are so mainstream. These brands being mainstream makes snowboarders hate them because it takes away from them having their own style, and because there are so many "posers" that believe the brand or the snowboarder is the only good one which also annoys them.
Iowa Shredding
lions81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As mentioned it's a really fun board for riding all over and playing around with. I had a blast riding that at a demo day and it was good for everything you're looking to do.