boots... for park? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default boots... for park?

idk if theres even such thing, so i apologize if i sound like a retard.
but my question is just that is there such thing as a different boot for different styles of riding?
like i know already its boots first before bindings and everything and make sure it fits your foot well and all that so i dont need to hear that,
but im using some crappy burton tributes i bought on sale for like 80 bucks. idk i guess there decent, but is there any type of boot that would be better for an all park rider?
i have like no boot knowledge so forgive me.
alex is w0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

yes there is different boots for styles of riding........if your riding park you will most likely want a soft/flexible boot
Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

alright i gotcha. any suggestions? i saw the DC park boot. i assumed it was for park..
Old 08-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

again, you are all OVER THINKING IT!!! While some companies may claim that a boot is "park specific" i don't see the difference between one boot from the next. While there is a difference in boots that are 100 dollars then a boot around 300, the style really shouldn't matter. Snowboarding boots are meant for well SNOWBOARDING. My advice is get a boot that is super comfy! I don't think you should have a price range when it comes to a boot. You will progress soOOOOOOO much more when you are A. Comfortable and B. Warm. When you arn't worrying about how damn cold your toes are, you can focus better on which trick you are going to slay next.
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
mitch21

Well how do you stop your toes getting cold, I thought it was just the hire boots I had been wearing, but I decided to finish kitting myself up and got a pair of ride jack Jackson boots with boa SUPER comfy, but sometimes my toes will go, a bit funny, like cold/numb, then the nest minute their fine?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

alright i gotcha. ill prob just get some good boots that are comfy and keep my feet warm.
32's?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The perfect park boot look at the tweakability you can get from that thing, that sole it grips right in when you have to hike, Faux Fur for the fashion conscious. It's amazing!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

i feel like... i wouldnt be able to bring myself to wear that.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
again, you are all OVER THINKING IT!!! While some companies may claim that a boot is "park specific" i don't see the difference between one boot from the next. While there is a difference in boots that are 100 dollars then a boot around 300, the style really shouldn't matter. Snowboarding boots are meant for well SNOWBOARDING. My advice is get a boot that is super comfy! I don't think you should have a price range when it comes to a boot. You will progress soOOOOOOO much more when you are A. Comfortable and B. Warm. When you arn't worrying about how damn cold your toes are, you can focus better on which trick you are going to slay next.
Yes snowboard boots are meant for snowboarding, but that doesn't have to mean that any boot will perform optimally any situation. Cars are meant for driving, but different situations require different needs from a car. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be street racing in a Toyota Prius, just as much as you wouldn't want to drive through a few feet of snow in a rear wheel drive corvette. People who have different riding styles have different needs from their gear, and it is nice to options as far as what you want out of your gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex is w0rd View Post
alright i gotcha. ill prob just get some good boots that are comfy and keep my feet warm.
32's?
32 makes some quality boots. I've been riding them for the last 3 seasons and don't have one bad thing to say about them.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Brand doesn't matter much. TRY THEM ON! Find a pair that fits nicely and has the flex/support that you need. That being said, some boot brands I have had good experience with: Salomon, 32, Rome, Vans.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote