New Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
BPsoxfan

Default New Board

So I'm in the market for a new board. I've been boarding for about three years, last two on a small burton board. I'd say I'm progressing beginner or intermediate but I'm really looking to transfer from skiing this year and get good enough to board with my friends.
I'm about 170 lbs, 5'9" maybe 10 by winter and 15 years old. My boots from last 2 years are size 9 but a very tight fit so I'm not sure if I need knew ones. At this point I'm not looking fro new ones but i may have to.
I mostly freeride but an all mountain board would be fine as I'm still figuring it out. I have about 500 dollars to spend at the moment but I'll get more from working. I live in Vermont right near Kilington mountain. Its great mountain but we just don't get a lot of powder.

So I've been browsing online and I;ve found Salomon Ace or Ride Control to be ones that i like. I'm leaning towards Ace cause it seems to be more of a intermediate board and one of my friends thats seen me ride recomended salomon.

I'd like to hear any info on those two as well as any suggestions on different one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm not sure about any of those boards, but if you need a good deal, go to sierrasnowboard.com I just bought my board and bindings on there for $300 for both together. Everything is 50% off, some stuff's even 70% off. Hope that this helped you out some. And I hear Salomon's are really nice. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would look into getting a bataleon goliath. It's a great board that has a slight setback stance (Great for freeriding).

Soft enough to do some nice easy carving but not too soft so you won't have to worry about chatter. Also, I reccomend getting new boots and bindings as well. Go to your local shop and try on some boots, buy what feels best.

For bindings there are a few I reccomend.

Rome 390's
Great bindings. They are on the softer side but still offer a good amount of control and are extremely comfortable.

Rome targa's
Best bindings out there in my oppinion. They have a soft and stiff strap insert that you can change which so you can make them feel best. They also are extremely adjustable.

Burton cartels
Decent bindings. They have seemed to go down in quality over the past few years though. These have GREAT highbacks that I absolutely love.

Burton co2's
Great bindings, they are probably the most responsive out there. Fragile highbacks though. They also cost a shiny penny.

Hopefully that helps you a little.

Last edited by I need a name; 08-07-2009 at 09:56 PM.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fra-gi-le...Must be french!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuiD View Post
Fra-gi-le...Must be french!
Me? I'm definately not french and I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
Me? I'm definately not french and I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.
lol oh come on seriously, That's a line from; A christmas story, Everybody should know that :P IT'S A CLASSIC!
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
lol oh come on seriously, That's a line from; A christmas story, Everybody should know that :P IT'S A CLASSIC!
Wow. Can't believe I didn't remember that... Kind of random though.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
BPsoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareaper View Post
I'm not sure about any of those boards, but if you need a good deal, go to sierrasnowboard.com I just bought my board and bindings on there for $300 for both together. Everything is 50% off, some stuff's even 70% off. Hope that this helped you out some. And I hear Salomon's are really nice. Good luck!
I actually already looked there and found them half price.

I need a name thanks for all the suggestions. I've actually just decided to stick with my boots for now, and I can rent some from a friend's shop if i need to.