Not sure if the never summer revolver is the right board, need help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2015, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Not sure if the never summer revolver is the right board, need help

i bought a never summer revolver because of the flex and the v rock between the feet. ive been boarding about 5 times now and i can get the toe edge to carve or whatever i pretty much want it to do. the heel edge isnt coming around for me like i hope i cannot get it to carve, the board comes around to a heel edge side slip down the hill. is it to much pressure on back foot? should i bought a cambered board? ive also noticed unlike i was on skis cause im a good skier, im alittle afraid of speed on the snowboard. i know that cant be a good thing either. ive talked to a dozen boarders and i get a different answer every time.
Moffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!

its not the board unless you are seriously oversized for it.

its the "ive been boarding 5 times now" thing.

luckily the cure is snowboarding.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

6'2 250lbs
Old 02-07-2015, 03:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it's mostly due to inexperience. you'll get better. but the wrong size board can hinder your riding. what size is it? you shouldn't be on anything smaller then a 160 in my opinion.
SkullAndXbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moffman View Post
6'2 250lbs
Well then I retract my earlier statement. I don't think they make that board much bigger than 160 and you are big for it. If you are on the 160+ you will be ok but anything smaller is too small.

You bought a noodelly park board to learn on, so just expect it to perform as such.

Your size is gonna push that board to its physical limits, such as having the edges chatter and "fold" under your weight.

At your size park boards should be used by experienced riders imo, your weight alone needs at a minimum, all mountain flex, to provide you with the support required to turn in snow and feel your edges working properly. The feedback you get from a softer board is gonna be false in terms of learning and make it harder. A little soft is ok but at 250 lbs pretty much any park board becomes a noodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullAndXbones View Post
it's mostly due to inexperience. you'll get better. but the wrong size board can hinder your riding. what size is it? you shouldn't be on anything smaller then a 160 in my opinion.
agreed.

Last edited by snowklinger; 02-07-2015 at 10:28 AM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

I was afraid someone with experience was going to say that. honestly I was feeling it was to soft imo. ill keep it this year and try to center my weight and take less off back foot. practice riding at slightly higher speeds and such but ive been told I needed a lil more solid board. it is a 160 in length btw, maybe I can get by the soft board with more practice like you say.

btw I do have access to a k2 brigade if I want to use it 159 rocker board but abit more stiff

Last edited by Moffman; 02-08-2015 at 04:19 AM.