Newb needing some board-buying advice... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bloodrushed

Default Newb needing some board-buying advice...

Female
Weight: 140
Boot size: 8; Whenever I rented boots they gave me fit just fine...
Riding style: Never tried park and don't plan on it for a while... so freeride and I like going fast .
Budget: Less than $250

I'm looking to buy my first snowboard. I really got into the sport this past winter and want to get my own.
I found some boards online (I dunno of any shops nearby) but I'm really just confused on what a good board for a beginner would include.

I was looking at the following...
Forum Aura
Ride Verona
Rossignol Jinx

I like the Verona the best but I'm like... 90% sure that I'm not good enough for it quite yet lol. The reviews I read on it were pretty tight.

And I'm guilty of being nit-picky about the designs *sigh*.

I'm open to see any suggestions on boards...

And btw, I'm pretty confused about most this so let's not flame me for stupidity lol ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How many times have you been snowboarding? What kind of conditions will you be riding in most frequently? The answer to these questions might help you choose a board.

You can definitely find a good board for $250 right now. Head over to sierrasnowboard.com or dogfunk.com, where you can pick up last year's boards for 50-70% off.

You should probably look for a beginner-intermediate all-mountain board that will be forgiving, but still allow you to progress. I would also recommend staying away from any low-end beginner boards because most people outgrow them quickly. In general, I wouldn't overthink this purchase. As long as you get something that suits your ability level, you'll love whatever board you get.

Here are some boards you might consider:
Atomic Fallen Angel
Ride Promise or Solace
Rome Vinyl
K2 Luna
Gnu B-Nice
Nitro Fate
Arbor Eden

I don't know much about the boards you listed, so perhaps someone else can give you advice on those...

Good luck and happy shopping!
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bloodrushed

Umm I'd say about eight times and... I dunno. I live in Chicago so I just go to the resort places nearby.

Yeah I didn't want a low-end one for that reason cause I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a lot better this winter so outgrowing it would be a problem.

I'm liking the Rome Vinyl and K2 Luna a lot. Thanks so much for the suggestions!