Smaller board size ???? new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Smaller board size ???? new board

Whats going on, i've been riding for over 14 years, but mainly free riding blacks n all that, love to charge, love speed, but im also into hitting kickers and butters basically everything but rails. So im looking into getting the Rome agent this season b/c ....... well because there the shit, all mountain, flexy but still can freeride, I want something more playfull then my stiff ass option signature, which is a awsome board just to stiff for park.

My stats:

6 ft tall , 185 lbs
size 11 boot
current board - 160 option signature

So i want a smaller board small enough to play around with for butters and better spins but still big enough for big kicker and charging groomers , I was looking to get a 156, (a 154 prob to small right) and anything bigger ill be back to alot of swing weight right? , just wanted your opinions
local shop got a 3 hr 50% off sale going on tonight so id like some info before I pick one up later tonight.

thanks

Last edited by NYinfamous2k2; 08-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would go with the 156 if I were you at your weight. Specially if you're looking to hit the bigger kickers in the park.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

cool thanks method, is there anyone that is around my weight that rides or rode a 154, 156? experiences, likes, dislikes?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yetti Man

I'm 185 and ride a 156 Ride Concept TMS, part of Ride's ATV line. I'm only 5'6", but a strong 5'6". Great all around freeride board with a ton of speed and maneuverability at speed. At slower speed it can be a little sluggish but nothing too noticeable or annoying. With your height I'm sure you won't have any problems at slow speeds.

It works pretty well in the park but is truly too stiff for butters and rails. They are doable but presses are difficult. Great for kickers and such and has a good amount of pop and the right amount of stomp-ability.

Overall a really nice feel when moving from a 151 Burton Motion up to the 156.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I know their are a few guys in this forum that are about 180 and ride 152s. 156 is probably a good compromise.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

soooo I went to the season openning sale, and all they had was a 154 and a 158 in the rome agent, I got so tight, holding the 154 it will def be just to small , id get it if i was a park rat. the 156 is pushing the small side to me but thats what i want a smaller board that will still hold up on groomers and pow. DAMMMNNNIITTTTTT !!!!! so now just gotta find a 156, any one selling?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYinfamous2k2 View Post
soooo I went to the season openning sale, and all they had was a 154 and a 158 in the rome agent, I got so tight, holding the 154 it will def be just to small , id get it if i was a park rat. the 156 is pushing the small side to me but thats what i want a smaller board that will still hold up on groomers and pow. DAMMMNNNIITTTTTT !!!!! so now just gotta find a 156, any one selling?
I am 6' 180-190 size 11 boot...I have rode from a 152-160. It really depends on where you will spend MOST of your time. If you spend MOST of it on the mountain a 156-158 will do fine. You can still have fun on a 58. It will make you MUCH better at certain things going to a smaller board later. If you are buying this to spend more time in the park i'd go with the 154! I wouldn't be worried about presses or butters, I can do them on the 160. If you spend more time on rails, boxes and butters go short...Big jumps/Kickers and all mountain go longer...IMO
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuiD View Post
I am 6' 180-190 size 11 boot...I have rode from a 152-160. It really depends on where you will spend MOST of your time. If you spend MOST of it on the mountain a 156-158 will do fine. You can still have fun on a 58. It will make you MUCH better at certain things going to a smaller board later. If you are buying this to spend more time in the park i'd go with the 154! I wouldn't be worried about presses or butters, I can do them on the 160. If you spend more time on rails, boxes and butters go short...Big jumps/Kickers and all mountain go longer...IMO
I hear ya, I had a 154 years ago when i was alot smaller and like 20 lbs lighter , and i know I used to be able to spin the hell out of that thing but the 160 feels like theres 2 freakin bricks on each side when im hittin 3s n 5s, im worried the agent at 158 will feel the same on spins even tho its lighter.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeeeeaaaaa Booooooiiiiiii, So I just bought a brand new 09 Rome Agent 156 for $250 , it should be here here in 5 days or so, Im SOO hyped to ride this monster. its going to be even more torture waiting till the season starts now. thanks for the replys