Repair Advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Repair Advice

I just bought my first snowboard and I took it out for the first time last weekend. I came home and I already have a pretty bad chip that needs to be covered up as there is some wood exposed. I posted a link to a picture at the bottom of my post (hopefully I am allowed to post a direct link) but basically there is damage to the topsheet but there is also damage on the edge which involves the piece of wood that is hanging on the side. Can I just put epoxy on this or is there something more complicated that I need to do? It is a bit upsetting that this happened so soon so I would like to fix it as best as I can. Thanks in advance for any help.
Link: http://i.imgur.com/34t6yVi.jpg
ilikecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You do not have your core exposed, and you don't even really have damage. This is like the 20th of these threads this month alone, it's a snowboard, it's gonna get dinged up like that every day. Clean it out and throw some epoxy on if you want, or just keep riding it. It's fine. If you're worried about minor damage hang your board on the wall and it will stay just like new.
lab49232 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I apologize for making it sound more dramatic than it is. I always assumed any exposed wood meant bad things. I feel like my first board is like a first child in that I have no idea what is normal and what to expect with it. I guess I need to get a better understanding of what is detrimental damage.
ilikecats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The wood core is what you have to worry about. Some boards use wood/bamboo top sheets and side walls (like yours) but it's the core you need to worry about. Still throw on some epoxy if you want to be super safe but the only way it should be your first child is that you ride the hell out of it and enjoy it, after all if your first child comes out beaten and ugly looking you still gotta love it right?
lab49232 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab49232 View Post
...after all if your first child comes out beaten and ugly looking you still gotta love it right?
My parents didn't!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15 (00)
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote