Never Summer sl-r or Bataleon Riot, Ease of riding/learning.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer sl-r or Bataleon Riot, Ease of riding/learning..

For those of you that have ridden either, and especially those of you that have ridden both of these boards, which do you believe is easier to ride. I am a new rider, but i am going to be spending a lot more time boarding this year.

If you had someone who has never even stepped on a snowboard, which would you recommend for ease of learning the sport?

Also, if you recommend a different board from these companies I would love to here why.

And lastly, maybe if I were to grab the Sl-r for all mountain I could just pickup an airobic or fun.kink for park and have a blast.

I am mostly interested in reverse camber and tbt technologies, for the added protection against catching an edge, and the cool factor.
matttehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

SL R will be more forgiving because you're not loading and unloading the camber, plus you won't need to get a park deck that board can handle it all.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea the riot will be great on jumps, but its a little stiff for rails I think. its a beefed up Evil twin.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

i wouldn't worry about it, and there is simply no way to figure out which one would be easier to learn on. what are the chances someone recently tried to learn on both? how fast someone learns depends on a ton of things and unless the board is absolutely inappropriate for them (way too big, too wide or skinny, or just extremely stiff) they should be able to learn on almost anything with a lesson or two. the boards that are designed to learn on (the burton LTR and i think rossie has one) are extremely soft torsionally and have very bevelled edges. this helps the utter beginner to learn to turn but they quickly grow out of those boards (like within a couple days) unless they are extremely unathletic. just pick a board you are stoked on and go have fun.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

I bought the SL-R at the early intermediate stage, and couldn't have been happier. It was best of both worlds for me - very forgiving, and maneuverable (even more so than the DH I was coming off of), but had the stability that the DH lacked. It was very confidence inspiring, and my riding started to progress a lot quicker. Seems to me like a great beginner board, yet I can tell it will be a while before I'll be able to use more than it can give.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thnx for the advice guys.

It is pretty hard to pick between these two companies when all you see is glowing reviews for both companies.
matttehman is offline   Reply With Quote