One board to do the job of two? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default One board to do the job of two?

I'm new to this forum and really appreciate the equipment expertise I've seen. I'm looking at my set-up and am considering making some changes for the upcoming season, so I wanted to her your opinions. I currently ride two boards: the Arbor Roundhouse and the K2 Darkstar wide. I like them both, but don't typically like to switch between them. I'd rather just have my one go-to board. I got the Darkstar because I found the Roundhouse to be too stiff for ground tricks. However, when I mess around on the Darkstar, I get frustrated by its poor performance at high speeds. I'm wondering if there is one board out there that would perform like my Roundhouse at high speeds, but would be soft enough for the park. Specifically, I've been looking at Never Summer Boards (especially the Legacy-R) and the Arbor Wasteland. So what would you do - keep the two boards or sell them for a new, more all-around board? If I should get a new board, what would you recommend?

Ability Level: Upper intermediate freeride, low intermediate park (jumps, ground tricks)
Riding style: Love the trees, powder, jumps, and ground tricks (no rails, etc.)
Weight: 200
Height: 6'2''
Shoe size: 12

Thanks for your help!
Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm no genius but from my research either the Bataleon Omni or Bataleon Goliath is what your looking for
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland View Post
I'm new to this forum and really appreciate the equipment expertise I've seen. I'm looking at my set-up and am considering making some changes for the upcoming season, so I wanted to her your opinions. I currently ride two boards: the Arbor Roundhouse and the K2 Darkstar wide. I like them both, but don't typically like to switch between them. I'd rather just have my one go-to board. I got the Darkstar because I found the Roundhouse to be too stiff for ground tricks. However, when I mess around on the Darkstar, I get frustrated by its poor performance at high speeds. I'm wondering if there is one board out there that would perform like my Roundhouse at high speeds, but would be soft enough for the park. Specifically, I've been looking at Never Summer Boards (especially the Legacy-R) and the Arbor Wasteland. So what would you do - keep the two boards or sell them for a new, more all-around board? If I should get a new board, what would you recommend?

Ability Level: Upper intermediate freeride, low intermediate park (jumps, ground tricks)
Riding style: Love the trees, powder, jumps, and ground tricks (no rails, etc.)
Weight: 200
Height: 6'2''
Shoe size: 12

Thanks for your help!
IMO you already said exactly what you need! The Never Summer Legacy-R fits you perfect!!! No reason for 2 boards. The Legacy-R is a wide SL-R. The Revolver-R (wide Evo-R) is another choice but softer and won't be as good as the Legacy-R at speed.

I can't speak on Bataleon or TBT as I haven't ridden one.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 Believer or CAPiTA Indoor FK.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
megamold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I'm no genius but from my research either the Bataleon Omni or Bataleon Goliath is what your looking for
i this post

i ride a goliath ( 157 wide ) its super fun for park and ground tricks, but its still stable at high speed ( its actually more stable then my friends board even tho its stiffer then my goliath )

dont know how it will ride in powder since i havent had the chance to do some powder , but i assume that it should work quite well if i set my bindings back a little
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

W/ a size 12 I'd look into the capita mid life. PLus you can still get last years model for cheap if you look around
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

haha i think you need an easly living. stiff enough to be stiff enough but soft enough to be soft enough. seriously though, there are probably many boards that are slightly softer than your arbor. again you are asking for the world here, you want the board to be soft when you want it to be soft but be stiff when you want it to be stiff. the properties that make a board fun and flexible for ground tricks are in direct opposition to the ones that make it stable and hold an edge at high speed. all manufacturers are striving to make middle ground boards that are good at everything but it will take some trial and error to figure out what you like. anyone can list boards that they think fit your criteria but will they? more likely than not they are just recommending boards they are stoked on and there really isn't much else behind the recommendations. some dude can say the "goliath" but who knows if you'll even like it. good luck in your hunt, for me the process is the most fun anyway, buy a board you're stoked on and go out and learn how to make it work for you.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Wow. Bataleon. For some reason I had never even considered them. The TBT looks pretty sick and the Goliath seems to be a great fit - it's definitely moved to my short list! The Legacy-R is still up there as well. I just wish I had the opportunity to demo some of the new cambers/reverse cambers before I sink a lot of money into one.

I've heard a lot of good things about the K2 Believer, but it seems to be similar to the Darkstar I have now. I'll have to look into those Capita boards you mentioned, too.

Incogneato: Thanks for your advice. I know that I'm asking the world, which is why I wonder if it's just better to stick with the two high-quality boards I have. I just wish I had the opportunity to demo some of these boards. They sound great, but who knows how they'll actually perform for me.
Portland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

wow I cant believe no one is mentioning the Rome Agent here, It always gets brought up in these all mountain park to groomers boards, shhiiitttt I just bought one yesterday lol.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome is so 2001 ( =

Juuussss playin! Grats on the new board
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote