Skate Banana vs Lib Tech Dark Series - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Skate Banana vs Lib Tech Dark Series

hey guys, im new to these forums..im a pretty good rider id say intermediate in the terrain park, not amazing but not terrible, im wondering which board you think would be better for me? I want to get a new board this season that is better for terrain..im still riding my first board a burton elite which is not good for terrain at all. Im mostly into terrain but every once in a while ill catch myself racing down trails with my sister or dad or something. So pretty much what im wondering is which do you think is better? money isnt really an issue but im looking for the better terrain board here. Im 5'10" and about 160 pounds..so im assuming like a 158ish board. what do you guys think? Or do you think theres a better decision is should be making? these were the two i was thinking were best for me..

Last edited by evolvepwnz; 08-16-2009 at 08:48 PM.
evolvepwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
R3BEL

I'm liek uber n00bish but I hear that GnU's line is just like LibTechs and you can ride them 3 - 4 cm shorter.... Check on youtube for "banana tech" and they have reviews and explinations on the board...
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Skate Banana and Dark Series are very different boards. Also what do you mean by terrain? Terrain is everything that is rideable
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^yeah.

Opposite ends of the spectrum here with those board choices. Dark series is pretty freeride and Banana is pretty much park.

Not trying to be judgemental or an ass but it sounds like you've gotten to the point where you can carve and 50-50 small jibs in the baby park.

If this is the case, you sound like you want an all around freestyle board. Look at the Believer, Parkstar, Banana, Horrorscope, Nitro Team Gullwing, Machete, Stepchild Everything Sucks, Evil Twin, Park Pickle, or maybe an Evo-R.

I'd aim for a 153-156. Bigger for more freeride and jumps. Smaller for more playability and jibbing.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote