which is a better park board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default which is a better park board?

I am looking to start riding in the terrain park this year. I only have a Burton process flying v and a Burton custom restricted to choose from. Which board would be better to learn park riding on? I'm only interested in jumps, grabs, rails, boxes, and ground tricks (butters, tripods, lay backs, etc). Not looking at the pipe or spins. Not yet at least.
G.I.Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

go with the process flying v. the custom will probably be to stiff if you are not hitting bigger stuff.
tralald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'd get a flat camber if you're learning park. RC boards tend to have very little pop, and can feel pretty dead, which sucks. Camber boards may be too aggressive for a beginner. Flat camber will have a more neutral feel with a little pop and still easy to press.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Bro View Post
I am looking to start riding in the terrain park this year. I only have a Burton process flying v and a Burton custom restricted to choose from. Which board would be better to learn park riding on? I'm only interested in jumps, grabs, rails, boxes, and ground tricks (butters, tripods, lay backs, etc). Not looking at the pipe or spins. Not yet at least.
Get the Process FV, seems to me your new to this and still dont know what works, so the softer playfull board will be an easier time on the snow. Its a great fun little deck.
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the recommendations. I am fairly new to snowboarding 3+ years. So I'm still learning. Up until now I've ridden 99% groomers with a few brief trips into the off trail stuff and very sparce glades.

I own both of these boards, unfortunately, I can't afford to go out and buy another board. I started on the flying V and picked up the custom this year at a good price.

Good to hear that I'll still be able to get some good use out of the Flying V until I can afford a more suitable park board.
G.I.Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

I ride both of these boards as well. It's much easier to powder/rail/jib/tripod/learn spins and tricks on the Process FV. Once I learn a trick on the FV, I try it on the custom. They're the only 2 boards in my quiver. The custom is stiff and a little less forgiving.
chrisdude112 is offline   Reply With Quote