Capita Horrorscope FK size??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita Horrorscope FK size???

Hey im 5'11, 145lbs. and i currently ride a Darkstar. Im looking at the 2010 horroscope but i dont know if the 155 will be too big for me or the 151 too small? which one would be a better option??
ss-sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss-sanchez View Post
Hey im 5'11, 145lbs. and i currently ride a Darkstar. Im looking at the 2010 horroscope but i dont know if the 155 will be too big for me or the 151 too small? which one would be a better option??
Wholly dependent on what type of riding you're doing- since you're choosing the Horrorscope FK, I'm assuming freestyle/jibbing/etc., in which case I would recommend the 151. This is the size I just got the Ultrafear in, I ride a 155 for everything else. (I'm 5'10", 155lbs)
spirited driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

i live in the northeast so i mostly stick to the park. Do you think the 151 could still hold up outside the park? i do like to ride the mountain every once in a while that is why i was considering the 155.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

i rode my horrorscope all over the mountain last year and it was super fun. i mean of course at mach speeds it's gonna feel sketch, it is what it is and that's a noodle. for what its worth i ride the northeast(killington, mt snow, windham etc...)and i was stoked with how the board handled out of the park
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

oh and btw, im 5'8 150 lbs on last years 152. the 2010 is sposed to be a tad stiffer...
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

I see thanks for the info. I think i might go for the indoor survival, it is supposed to be a bit stiffer right? That way i can bring it to some other mountains with any worries.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

I wouldn't worry too much on how the Horrorscope performs out of the park, if you are going to be doing the majority of you riding in the park. The Horrorscope is too good of a park stick to pass up. I was able to take mine all over the mountain last year without any problems whatsoever. However if you are still concerned that the board will be too much of a noodle all mountain then I would take a look at the UltraFear.
CheckMySteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

i dont mean to steal the thread, but i know the 2010 horror is supposed to be a bit stiffer, how will it do on kickers about size 40ft+
it looks sickk for jibs i just dont wanna not be able to take it off kickers.
otherwise id get the signal park series or the stairmaster.
alex is w0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Im 140 and ride a k2 www 148. 151 will be fine.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
ZombiKite

Do not let the jib hype fool you. I am 5'9, 175 lbs and I rip up the whole mountain on my Horrorscope 156: park, groomers, deep powder and trees....it is so perfect in the Mary Jane trees.

For your weight I'd go with the 151, its reverse camber so you should be riding a size smaller (I used to ride 158s and 161s). I am actually thinking of picking up 2010 in 151 wide for really no reason at all...but I reiterate this board has all mountain potential. I've ridden it at Northstar, Squaw Valley, A-Basin, Winter Park (65 days), Vail, Breck and some crappy east coast mole hills when I was visiting the family and it excelled in every and all conditions. No bs I've dropped in bowls with 2 feet of powder, slashed it then gone straight to the park via my favorite mini tree run at WP and stomped some nice booters. It can do whatever you want it to do. Buy it now.

PS It's still as fast as you want to take it- I have never been sketched out even at mach speeds, the extruded base can slow down if you don't take care of it but just iron in some Swix F4 every few days, buff it and structure it with a nylon brush and you will be one of the fastest guys on the hill.

Its no question the best board Capita makes, probably only second to the this years Ultrafear but to be honest if that rides similar to the Stairmaster Extreme I think I will take the "noodle" feel of the Horrorscope any day- you get used to it and you learn to push it comfortably. Nuggets.