Triads V Cartels - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Triads V Cartels

I've Got an ICS board (158 standard Custom) that i've been using a standard pair of Cartels on to good effect, but now I have a couple of reasons to jump to a proper EST model to get full use out of my setup. Reason being my mates bindings are fubar after a week in NZ (They broke on him like 3 times) and Sierra specials are looking so damn attractive right now, so I could get a set of binders for cheap and sell my (still relatively new) cartels easily enough.

The feel and response of the cartels has been great, although I have had issues with a pressure point on the outer side of my front leg just above my ankle that has caused me a bit of grief in the past but I don't attribute this entirely to the bindings, its a boot issue as well, I have had this issue with all boards ive ridden and have over time conditioned myself to deal with it, along with custom foot beds which have also helped a bit. Pretty sure my legs are just a little warped or I need to lose a bit of weight.

My riding style is all mountain, almost no park and stepping into the realm of jumps and tabletops. Tricks, rails and the like do not interest me at all. I love cutting big turns on the mountain at speed more than anything.

Long story short, I am finding it hard to decide between the Cartels and Triads. The desire to try something different points me towards the triads but the cartels have served me well to date and are also a little bit cheaper. The Triads claim to be very soft to ride, but does that mean soft to the point of losing some feel? One thing I have noticed when playing with these 2 binders in the shops is that the cartels have a considerably more lateral flex/twist in the highbacks than the triads do, but I am not sure how this affects riding in a positive or negative way. while the triads have more forward/back flex in them.

Anyone ridden both and can offer a bit of knowledge on the comfort/response/feel of these 2 bindings? In particular the EST models if possible.

Last edited by Reede; 08-20-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2009, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just realised Sierra wont ship Burton gear internationally...... GG.

Point still stands tho, soon as the Aussie season ends (in about a month) ill be on the lookout for post season sales.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote