WTF mate, pro-forms are stealing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
stunterguy

Default WTF mate, pro-forms are stealing?

**rant** ill try and make this as short as possible.

anyways, so im at work tonight and im buying a new stomp pad because the alibi i pro-formed just came in, and i told my store manager that and he FLIPPED out and said "you cant pro-form boards, you havent worked here long enough and its stealing" for some reason at first i guess he thought i got it for free, now here is what I dont understand. I was given the pro-forms directly from the atomic rep at a clinic, so how is that stealing from the company?! I really got into it with him, and explained that maybe if they even had a orientation AT ALL, instead of just throwing people into shops and expecting them to know everything then maybe some people would understand things a little better. I spoke with everyone else that works in snowboards and nobody had a CLUE to what he was talking about and ALL of them have pro-formed the boards they got this year, so i really dont understand what i did wrong....at all. Now keep in mind this guy running the store is probablly the dumbest person i have ever worked for, and i spent six years in the marines so i've worked with some pretty stupid people before. He was telling me that i needed to bring in a copy of the pro-form because ALL pro-forms are supposed to go through HIM and they have spot for the store manager to sign(which it doesnt, i just double checked) and that I could get fired for this. It just amazes me how someone SO stupid can get a position of authority, everyone in the store thinks hes a complete moron, even his assistant managers talk shit about him, its sad. Anyways, i just thought I'd rant for a minute because he got me pretty heated, and just thought id see if anyone else has has a similar experience.
cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ok. I'm going to be blunt with this. Your boss is stupid. You're supposed to use pro-forms to buy directly from the company, especially if you got it straight from the company.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
stunterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
Ok. I'm going to be blunt with this. Your boss is stupid. You're supposed to use pro-forms to buy directly from the company, especially if you got it straight from the company.
thats EXACTLY what im saying. He said i was stealing from OUR company and i kept asking him "if im getting it straight from atomic how does it have ANYTHING to do with our company" and he couldnt answer me and just kept getting pissed. Then he started asking me who the rep was and when i was like "well, if something was done wrong im not getting anyone in trouble by throwing the name of the person out" he got even more pissed, and finally i just had to walk away because the last thing i need is to just lose it because some idiot is yelling at me for NO reason.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
crustyjuggler

Would it be a stupid question to ask what a "pro-form" is?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
stunterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustyjuggler
its a form that board reps give shop guys to get boards super cheap from the company.

Posting prices is a HUGE nono.
-boarderaholic
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
crustyjuggler

Wow!!! .. you suck!

-edited by boarderaholic
Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
ekoostick

Quote:
It's how us board shop employees get sweet deals. Each company usually has one and you can get stuff at really good prices.

I will throw my input in as I work at a shop with a similar policy. Your boss definetley sounds irrational (as you will find a lot with managers at sports shops) and the reason he is getting pissed is that shops don't want you getting hired, ordering a board, and then not showing up for work. Like I said we have a similar policy but it is very loosely enforced when it comes to pro-deals. The exact opposite thing from what your manager is arguing is avoided because you BOUGHT the board and the company was happy to sell it to you. You will ride it and give your customers feedback about the board. This is usually something companies love and the reason pro-deals exist but I guess your manager just doesn't want sales or knowledgeable employees.

edit: You may want to watch posting prices on here. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by ekoostick; 11-10-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
stunterguy

Quote:
Wow!!! .. you suck!
judging by your avatar you got the same board? have you riden it yet? I just got it in the other day and am taking it up on tues to go ride
Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nice to know they have at least a 150% mark-up.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
crustyjuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunterguy
judging by your avatar you got the same board? have you riden it yet? I just got it in the other day and am taking it up on tues to go ride
Nope.. still dry as a bone up in Washington.