boards, boots, and bindings. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Away to Gnarnia

Question boards, boots, and bindings.

I have trying to decide what board to get this year. I ride 40+ days a year. I am 110 pounds and ride with my local team. I compete regularly with usasa. I am 5'5" and wondering what gear to get. I'll start with boards. I have been looking at the burton hero and joystick, the k2 turbo dream or jibpan, the forum substance, and the lib-tech skate banana. I want to spend around 500$ or less on a board. I ride park and pow all year, i compete in slalom, boarder cross, slope, pipe, gs. I do a lot of park and ride pow when ever it falls. I want a good all around board. I'm sure i can ride it in pow so it doesn't need to be focused on pow more park. I am really into the whole reverse camber and zero camber stuff. THe skate banana almost seems like too much though. I like this camber and want to be able to butter and stuff but I don't like my boards too loose.

Next is boots. What ever it is it has to have a form of speedzone, trizone, etc. I don't like boa. Just speedzone. I like my boots around an 8 on flex. I have ridden the forum stunners and loved them. I also looked at burton Ion and driver X. So what ever it is not too expensive. But nice boots, with speedzone, hopefully some nice cushioning and everything.

Finally bindings. I am set on burton bindings. I just love them. I have been looking at cartels, triad, malavitas, and infidels. What ever works out. I have ridden cartels and love them but I think I might be ready for another step up. THanks
THANKS FOR HELPING PLEASE READ THIS ALL... I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE. :-]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

its hard to know even where to start, your question os so general and there is very little difference in the boards and bindings you listed, they are all meant for all around snowboarding and whats best for you comes down to what you prefer. of course other people could just list what they think you would prefer but whats the point?
as far as boots go, all that matters is what fits. features and flex don't matter if the boots hurt. read some of the stickies about boots first and then get back to us.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For boots, get what fits best.

Bindings, I haven't ridden the Vita's or Infidels but I felt no difference in the Cartels or the Triads. If I were you I would just stick with Cartels

Boards, sounds like you want a stiffer park board with rocker. So I say Jibpan, Indoor FK, DH2, Nitro Team Gullwing, or for a pos camber with the rocker looseness an Evil Twin.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote