bataleon goliath size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default bataleon goliath size

hi
ive never riden a bataleon but keep hearing there great so im going to buy one but i have to buy it online with no chance of riding/testing one, question is what size ?im 99%sure im getting the goliath 154
anyway im intermediate
ride 60%piste ( like doing flat stuff aswell 360s etc) 20% jumps 5-10% powder 10-15% tight stuff trees etc
im 71 kg-156.5lbs(70-72kgs healthy or beers) 176cm-5.8f high us10 euro 43 boot
if anyone has one or knows if 154 is good please drop a message cheers!
kassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

You should have no problem on a 154.
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

would the evil twin be up to the job aswell?
Old 02-24-2015, 03:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

I think the 154 Goliath will suit your wants perfect. I'd recommend the Riot if they still made it...But with the ET now having a sintered base I can see why they dropped that board. If you want something a bit more soft and playful then the Whatever or Global Warmer would be a good choice. If you want something to bomb down any run on the mountain and still be decent in the park get the Goliath. It's not going to be easy to press or butter with, neither will the ET, but if you can do them already then you just have to load them a bit harder and you can flex and press the board just fine.

Same with hard carves, Bataleons will grip just as well as any board without magnetraction, and better than most/all rocker boards. But you need to really commit and set the edge in hard pack and ice, or you'll just wash out on turns. The TBT is great for floating in powder and park riding, but for carving on hard pack/ice you need to set the edge harder and a bit more angle to get the same grip.

The ET is the same stiffness as the Goliath, but it's a true twin and has a wider flat base between the lifted edges...so it will cover the riding you want to do, be better riding switch, and maybe land jumps a bit more stable, but it won't be quite as fast turning edge to edge when carving, and will float slightly less in powder.

With that said, I'm 160-190lbs depending on the year and how heavy the recent beer, steak, and burger intake has been... I ride a 153 Fun Kink and a 154 Evil Twin in any/all conditions. But I also ride 75% park, 23% groomers/casual races/speed runs, 1% jibs, and 1% real powder(damn you Ohio...).

Riding the 1% in real 4' deep fresh powder both boards floated me nicely without any change to the bindings/setback, kept them both as twins and floated just as well as anyone else riding with me through all the runs.

Last edited by honeycomb; 02-24-2015 at 03:14 AM.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply honeycomb top post really helps out
Old 02-24-2015, 03:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

One thing honeycomb how does the et do at speed on the groomers ? Is it stable ?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
It ain`t easy being steezy

It handles speed no problem, and is great on jumps, but the Goliath will be too. Mine is a 2011 so it has the extruded base and is a bit stiffer than the new ET, but it has held up great. I can still press mine, just have to throw my weight around a bit more than on my Fun Kink.

Really just depends if you want a true twin with a bit wider/more stable base for landing jumps. Or a slightly directional board that will be a bit faster and turn edge to edge a bit quicker. Don't think you'll be disappointed with either. I'd go with the Goliath just because the graphics this year are way better than on the ET

Last edited by honeycomb; 02-24-2015 at 01:53 PM.
honeycomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks alot honeycomb I really appreciate u taking the time to write so much massive massive help

Last edited by kassa; 02-24-2015 at 04:37 PM.