Need a new board (and your help picking it!) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
ekoostick

Default Need a new board (and your help picking it!)

Hey everyone, well just found this site and after reading some of the good responses, decided to sign up! New to the forum but not to snowboarding. I am in NH on the "ice coast" and looking for help getting a new board. I have narrowed my choices down to 3 boards and would love some input before I pull the trigger. The three I am looking at are the Arbor Wasteland, Capita Black Death Speed Tribe and Lib Tech Skunk Ape MTX. These are three boards that come in a mid wide/wide model and that I think would make a good fit for my size 11.5 boots. I enjoy riding the entire mountain at speed and don't care much for the park/pipe. I have read a lot about the magne-traction boards and guess I will have to demo one before I make the call on that. Was talking to the rep a few days ago and he suggested going with a shorter board then I usually ride (163) because of the way the MTX rides. Again will have to try it before I make the call. Thanks for any help or insight you guys can give me!

-K

edit: I am interested in some backcountry boarding this year and may do some serious hikes with some riding opportunites. I will have to consider that when getting the new board.

Last edited by ekoostick; 11-10-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i would say the Capita Black Death Speed Tribe

but only coz i like the name
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Snowolf I beg to differ on the SkunkApe. That is actually Lib's all mountain board and is really not a park board though can handle it if so desired. It's the new version of the HCFS series aka litigator, emmagator etc. I was very seriously looking at that board myself but decided to go with the Rome Flag because I didn't want to spend the $ without trying the MTX. The reps and other people who rode it said the same thing about length also.

Check out that Rome Flag I think you'll like that as an addition to your list. I've heard very good things about both the Capita and the Arbor but have not ridden either myself. I also live in NY and ride mostly VT.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
ekoostick

Thanks for all the help guys! I checked out the Arbor and Capita at some local shops and the Capita is way stiffer then the Arbor. I feel like it was too stiff for what I am looking for. I am pretty much sold on the Arbor and the graphics in person are simply amazing. I was talking with the guy at the Arbor shop and he told me to also look at the Arbor Roundhouse. I guess its similar to the Wasteland but with a little setback to really throw down some big turns. He also mentioned that it would help with some backcountry terrain should I decide to get into that. Anyone ride the Roundhouse? I have never owned a board with setback before and not sure if I would like how it rides on the icy days.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Icy days depends on the rider, not the board.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote