Messing Around - Good Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 05:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
CanadaDry

Default Messing Around - Good Board?

I just bought a new Burton Custom 154 this year with custom bindings and freestyle boots...I'm pretty stoked for the season to start and want to get into park a lot more this year. I just wanted a cheap park board to mess around on see where it gets me. Or would my custom be fine to just screw around with..? I was looking at something like last years 07 burton dominant. Anyway post or opinions!

O and aside from that topic i nailed 3 girls this weekend !!! *hi 5* to all u guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
storrisch

I think the Dom would be fine for a park board but I don't know that you will find one for cheap. You should be fine to take your custom into the park to get a feel for how much you would actually be riding in there anyway.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
CanadaDry

right-o, thanks for the feedback mate. Just out of curiousity though are there any reviews or opinions on the dominant, or any other park board you guys can recommend? i know ill most likely end up using my custom....but yeah just for the heck of it i may as well familiarize myself with other various boards that could benefit my park experience in the future.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
storrisch

you could check out the "Good Wood" awards for this year or just do a google search for boards you are interested in.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Goodwood means squat. The Dom is a weak board as well, it's incredibly prone to breaking as a park board. A cheap-ish board would be Atomic Hatchet, Capita Stairmaster.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
steve r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaDry
I just bought a new Burton Custom 154 this year with custom bindings and freestyle boots...I'm pretty stoked for the season to start and want to get into park a lot more this year. I just wanted a cheap park board to mess around on see where it gets me. Or would my custom be fine to just screw around with..? I was looking at something like last years 07 burton dominant. Anyway post or opinions!

O and aside from that topic i nailed 3 girls this weekend !!! *hi 5* to all u guys

I have same board but older with mission bindings and freestyle boots...I like it in the park as much as I like it in the trees.