Lib Tech Cygnus or Burton Method... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech Cygnus or Burton Method...

...So i've been riding for the past few winters getting the hang of things on my gnu dirty habits board. I work alot so I look forward to the winters as I find boarding a way to really chill out my mind. So here's the question. I'm not a noob anymore and its time for a serious board. I have the income ( see ^ I bust my @ss ) I looked at the cygnus and method but because they are so high range there isn't much info on them. I love the banana style on the gnu so I lean towards the lib tech but I find it a little too soft for the nasty slush/ice snow we get a majority of the time here in the winters. I heard the burton is a good bit stiff so right now i'm pretty much torn....any one have any suggestions ?? yea yea i know it sucks to make a decision like this...
Razorecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So you're saying you drive a porsche to the mountain and have your board stick out the sun roof?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
So you're saying you drive a porsche to the mountain and have your board stick out the sun roof?
lol, no way man i just have a new tacoma - but like i said. I'm 29yrs old - when everyone was out partying sat nights i was working so although I have some $ to dump on a sick board it doesnt mean i'm a 45 yr old stock broker either.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

and you want the penis extension boards because?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
and you want the penis extension boards because?
If money wasn't a hurdle what board would you get ?
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If I was in your position with all that $$$, I would not be getting any or those boards. For all mountain I'd be looking at like a Slackcountry, Slayblade, Turbodream, Legacy-R... Use that extra money for something else, take some trips, get better and take a trip to Canada, AK, Europe, Japan...

Don't waste your money on marketing ploys.

Did you think that maybe there isnt any info on the boards cause noone rides them...?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Money isn't a hurdle with me. I get anything I want, high price tag does not mean the best. I ride what suits my needs and own boards from the 300 dollar price range up to 750 and each one serves it's purpose.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If I was in your position with all that $$$, I would not be getting any or those boards. For all mountain I'd be looking at like a Slackcountry, Slayblade, Turbodream, Legacy-R... Use that extra money for something else, take some trips, get better and take a trip to Canada, AK, Europe, Japan...

Don't waste your money on marketing ploys.

Did you think that maybe there isnt any info on the boards cause noone rides them...?
Thats the disadvantage of my work life. I really don't just get up and leave. I can't even take vacations longer than a week. So that is really the trade-off. If i lived/tripped out in colorado than a wide array of boards would make a great choice but in chicago there are only 2 snows. Fresh powder and ice.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

its completely false to think these boards are "the best" because they cost so much. there is no "the best", its personal preference. now you are likely to argue that "something" must make them "worth" that much but its not true, you won't ride better or have more fun on either of these boards than a cheaper one, there is no magical special ingredient they have within them that other board don't that makes them superior. they are just high end boards made out of the most expensive materials and construction techniques available. they are designed to appeal to people who just need to own the most expensive stuff for the sake of it.
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

i would say that it would be best to check out what the best board for your riding is, not the most technilogically depthed boards ever. they dont even make it in the top 10 board lists for transworld besides the burton vapor for pipe
xxfinnellxx is offline   Reply With Quote