Burton Custom ICS? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Custom ICS?

im new to the sport and want a board that is all mountain and good for a rookie. is a Burton Custom a good board to learn on if its not can you plz share some other boards? i would like to ride a 156. and for bindings im not really sure but i heard that burton triad is a good binding.
eschen515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

I wouldnt recommend the custom for a beginner, Its not a very forgiving board. If you want a more beginner board that still has ics look at the dominant, its classified as a park board but you can take it pretty much anywhere. Also the ConDom, same thing as the dominant but it has a convex base, aka a little bit harder to catch an edge which all beginners would love. Yeah the Triads are nice, a little too flexy for my taste but I have a lot of friends that ride them. They're not geared towards beginners, however you would probably be fine on them. Keep in mind they're not cheap which is generally why beginners dont ride them. I would also look at the Missions, and if you want to go a little pricier, the Cartels. If your a beginner you really wouldnt notice a whole lot of difference between sets of bindings that are in the triad price range.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

thx im only looking at the triads because im getting a great deal on them like half off but im a quick learner so something made more for intern rider is fine with me a better benifit in the long run
eschen515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarding101 View Post
I wouldnt recommend the custom for a beginner, Its not a very forgiving board. If you want a more beginner board that still has ics look at the dominant, its classified as a park board but you can take it pretty much anywhere. Also the ConDom, same thing as the dominant but it has a convex base, aka a little bit harder to catch an edge which all beginners would love. Yeah the Triads are nice, a little too flexy for my taste but I have a lot of friends that ride them. They're not geared towards beginners, however you would probably be fine on them. Keep in mind they're not cheap which is generally why beginners dont ride them. I would also look at the Missions, and if you want to go a little pricier, the Cartels. If your a beginner you really wouldnt notice a whole lot of difference between sets of bindings that are in the triad price range.
What is classified as a beginner binding? just curious
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

A Custom is fine, I got a Custom as my first board with about a week under my belt. It is a good board and scales well as you get better also.

I had Cartels until last week and just changed to Triads because I wanted a bit of extra comfort. You are talking about exactly the same setup I have (Except I run a 158) and I have gone from just barely linking turns when I got it to Black Diamonds with the same setup. The only limitation I have found with this board is deep powder where I sink quite a bit because my board is already a little on the small side for me. Perfect for normal conditions and groomed runs, but I am considering picking up a Malolo for the Annual trip to Niseko.

Also, only get a Burton setup if it is for a good price (Last seasons gear on Snowboard, Snowboards, Burton Snowboards, Burton Bindings, Burton Boots, and snowboard reviews - Free Shipping - US Orders Over $100 is a fucking bargain, I just wits they shipped Burton gear to Australia)
You can usually get better gear from another brand for a better price, but when it's sale time it brings that stuff down to a level that can be quite good value.

O and IMO: Triads are a better beginner binding than Cartels.

Last edited by Reede; 08-31-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote