anyone remeber Device step ins? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
drudgedread

Default anyone remeber Device step ins?

Hi I picked up a complete set up in 2008 via eaby, i do like it a lot I just need to learn how to ride properly but having fun on the journey. Im going to be all mountain for now not sure i would fit in at the park Im just under 6 foot tall and i think im around 75kgs in weight but i never check,

Now heres the thing the board (rossignol dual tec R one sixty one, well that is what it says on it! of unknown vintage) came with "Device" step in bindings on (sbs?) now i really like the idea of step in as a begginer i dont want to waist time strapping in when i can step and click. and it has been great just stamp back foot in just as the lift gets you and board off the other end.

I dragged the board out of storage over the weekend and started to evaluate what it needed to be ready for the new season, i also did a bit of online learning too so i had at least half an idea about it all,

so i have got to

Fill in the scratches on the underside
Wax and edge,
Bindings tuned as set to duck (same deg dialled in on both bindings)
Then i noticed the boot could slip a little toe to heel direction in the binding, i think this can be cured and i have allready improved it, next i found The boot heel is not in contact with the binding, so far i have had no joy getting this to sit how i think it should.

So are there anyfolks on here who have ever set these bindings up? I cant afford to junk em this year so really need to get some more life out of them while i save and ride

Oh and hi all im an english man living in Prague
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i won't lie

you got raped on that deal

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
drudgedread

Thanks for the replies, I have ridden this set up a few time over the last season and I am progressing (would be faster if i could afford a damn lesson)

Im hoping to get the time to ride it some more this season and im trying to get it set up properly so i can get the most out it.

I think this set up is old but the price i paid was good imho (150.00 uk iirc)

my partner got raped on her set up it is truly trashed !! ill post a picture of both later this week
Old 08-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

whether you over paid or not is not the issue. You are going to ride this set up and have fun. I always thought that devices step in design was the best out there, a hook on the toe and a peg on the back of the boot that locked into the high back. Then ride bought it, then k2 killed it. The spacing behind the boot might be fixed if you can adjust the heel cup. If so there will be screws/bolts holding the heel cup to the base plate. Remove these and the heel cup should slide or adjust forward to fit your boot.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
drudgedread

I am happy with what a paid for it, my ladies board i think was too much at 50.00uk,

The boot does sit over the binding well but if you look under the heel of the boot (with no rider on it) it is sitting just abouve the bottom of the binding giving around a 3mm gap,

on the bolts holding the heel cup, if i understood right, these are the ones i slakened off to remove the movment, i'll have a play with it again one night this week and see what happens ill get some pictures up too, and it may make a bit more sense,

I have been thinking about getting back on the board so much the last few days i keep wishing for snow!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if you can't get rid of the gap under the heel by adjusting anything, you could always build a shin or wedge out of foam and glue it in there to take up the space.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
drudgedread

well my daughterwas sick today so when she slept i had another play, there are four bolts holding a u shaped metal support to the base plate this holds the rear of the binding and the quick release part for the rear of the bot, by standing in the boot and then doing the botls back up the gap has gone and as i moved it foreward with the boot in a lot of the slop has been taken out too! so this could be a result for me.

I also thought about my heel lifting in the boot and tried tyeing the lace off where it goes over the transition from bootom ogf boot to the upright section, this does make the ankle/heel feele anchored in better than without this addiditonal knot so could save on buying foot beds, shame there is no snow to try it out!

While i was there i looked at my angles on the binding both set to 15 deg I moved one to give 30 deg (leadig foot the left one) and left the rear (right foot) as it was. What do you guys think of this setting should they be less or more?

THanks again for the imput on this, i wont be asking about my ladies board as she can use her skis this season
Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

30 deg is a lot of angle if your are not turning both bindings forward for a carving stance. If you are looking for a more traditional freeride/freestyle stance start with 15+ on the front and -9 - -12 on the back. But it is really what works for you.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
drudgedread

Ah that makes sense it is -15 on the back,newbies eh?

cant wait to play it, next stop wax and edge