So confused! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
wild_spot

Default So confused!

I hate how different companies call things different names. Ugh.

Looking for a new board to buy sometime before next season. I recently demo'd a Gnu B-Street with Reverse Camber and Magne-Traction... Loved it. So I am looking for a reverse camber board and with either magne-traction or something comparable.

So... I like the Bataleon Violenza, but can't find anywhere if they have Reverse Camber or not. Maybe i'm just not looking hard enough.

Also like the Never Summer Lotus or Infinity, but wondering if their edge hold is comparable to that of magne-traction?

Again, like the Arbor Eden but have a feeling they aren't RC and have nothing comparable to Magne-traction.

I really like the Gnu boards, but the website confuses me. It reads like you can get either Magne-Traction or banana traction, but not both. Does banana traction have RC AND Magne-traction? Does the magne-traction NOT have RC?

I likwe a fairly flexiblo board. So far just riding the whole mountain, pretty conservative, and a few little jumps. I think i'll stick with the same sort of riding style.
Any help or clarification appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bataleon uses TBT (triple base technology) not reverse camber. Google it you'll see. The Never Summer's use "Vario Grip" which is a sidecut that works great for gripping similar to Magnetraction. Bananatraction is Magnetraction but with reverse camber between the inserts. Any GNY/Lib board that is just MTX or Magnetraction will be a normal cambered board with the MTX side cut. BTX is the bananatraction (reverse camber, MTX), C2 BTX is a copy of Never Summer's "Rocker/Camber" variety.

I would look at Never Summer Lotus-R/Infinity-R as well as GNU B-Nice and B-Pro.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Resident poet

Salomon also has reverse camber and equalizer sidecut which is there version of magnetraction. My daughter rode the gypsy at camp all week and said it was sick, tons of pop for 3 ft flatland ollies, fast, stable, great flex for buttering and handled 50ft jumps with ease. Lib's park pickle looks sick.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Here's some reading for you.
Triple Base Technology is not Rocker ~ The Angry Snowboarder
Camber Theories Explained ~ The Angry Snowboarder
Camber Theories In Use ~ The Angry Snowboarder
Old 09-02-2009, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
wild_spot

Ok, feeling slightly less confused, thanks!

Got on and read those articles, really good, thanks! Also read a few reviews on shredbetties.

So I think i've narrowed it down to three...

Gnu B-Pro, NS Infinity, or the Bataleon Violenza. I actually like the sound of the TBT as well as RC. Just a shame that you can't really find Bataleon in AUS so I can't demo it.

Does anyone have an opinion on which of these would be better for all mountain riding? I like something that is fairly flexy and grippy, but stable when going straight, that freaks me out a bit, paranoid about catching an edge or getting too much speed. I also really like going through the trees and off little jumps.

Buying a board is so hard!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
wild_spot

Forgot to add a bunch.

I like the Bataleon so far because I keep reading that it's a good board to progress on, which is exactly where i'm at. I don't like going super fast or steep, but prefer to work on perfecting my turns/getting confidence up/just mucking around through trees and little jumps.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
wild_spot

Wow, having so much trouble finding somewhere that actually 1. sells Bataleon, and 2. has the 2010 Violenza to get a price estimate!!!

Does anyone know anywhere online that has the 2010 Violenza? Even better if they ship to AUS?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Go with GNU you wont be disapointed at all. Also, Banana-Traction is RC+Mag Traction= Banana traction.
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
ek3

If i were a girl and had to choose a board I would go with the infinity-r only because it has a sintered base and has vario grip, which is really good against ice. Also NS has a 3 year warranty even though they are built to last forever(almost). If you could find an 08 Bataleon Violenza which is white and has animals stacked on each other has a sintruded base compared to 2009 and 2010's extruded base which does not last as long nor do they hold wax well. Gnu or Lib tech's aren't known to last very long because they chip and whatnot.
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Almost any board is going to chip/de laminate as you ride it. It's just part of ware and tear on a board. You should know that since your riding a capita. They are notorious for de-lam problems
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote