k2 www - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
skim milk

Default k2 www

hey guys so im thinking of buying an 08-09 k2 www. i've heard nothing but good things about it, but i just wanna make sure its the one for me. this is gonna be my 3rd season riding and im gonna be hitting the park pretty hard. i just wanted to know how flexible it is, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being most flexible) and also if its worth the $200 that im gonna be paying for it.

also, what bindings should i get. i was thinking about getting 2009 k2 indy bindings but idk if they are good. if you guys can find anything better for cheap, that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The WWW is very soft. One of the softest boards you'll find. Great for rails and jibs and not too great off big jumps.
bubbachubba340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Post number 300 right up there
Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The WWW is soft, but I wouldn't say it's the softest. I'd give that to the Signal Park Rocker. That thing'll flex just holding it. The WWW will do everything you need in the park except for pipe and large kickers. You could even take it out of the park, but just don't bomb down hills with it.

The Indy's aren't bad bindings. I'd just put them in the beginner category. If your budget permits, step up to the K2 Formulas or look at Rome 390s, Ride Contrabands and their Mvmnt series.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
skim milk

thanks guys. just out of curiosity, what makes a board better or worse for big jumps, besides its weight. i always thought more flexible boards would be more forgiving and therefore better for that sort of thing.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

really soft boards are harder to control when going fast because they don't carve as well at high speed and tend to flap and not hold their edge, to hit really big jumps you need to be able to control your board and be more precise

weight of the board is irrelevant, not sure where you got that from. trying to qualify how soft it is on your scale is silly, you could have 10 guys give 10 different answers and how soft it feels to anyone depends on how much they weigh and what they are used to riding. its a soft board, you know that already
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For big jumps a mid to stiff board is good, but were talking like 40 feet plus. I rode my WWW rocker up to around 30-35 feet and I would have been better with something that was a bit stiffer. You can ride kickers with a WWW you just need to land very centered cause if you land backseat it will be harder to recover.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
skim milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbachubba340 View Post
For big jumps a mid to stiff board is good, but were talking like 40 feet plus. I rode my WWW rocker up to around 30-35 feet and I would have been better with something that was a bit stiffer. You can ride kickers with a WWW you just need to land very centered cause if you land backseat it will be harder to recover.
ok thats good then, i wont be trying jumps that big for a while since this will only be my third season riding. Thanks a bunch guys.