Binding Screws - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
sapphire_rodent

Default Binding Screws

Hey guys / gals.

I've searched the forum, and general topic talk, haven't found too much detail on my specific question.

If there's another post for this already, if someone could point me there that'll be great too.

Looking for replacement binding screws. the manufactuer set lasted me all last season, but with the change in the angles and distance between bindings have caused them to strip down a bit. So now i'm looking for new screws to replace them.

What's the industry standard if there is one for the depth of the thread in the board itself?

(I ride an omatic awesome w/ cartels, if that helps)

Also, the head of the screw shouldn't matter too much, you just don't want one that's too small right?

Lastly, of course all snowboard stuff is overpriced, is it easier to go to the home depot and get a pack of washers and screws? Basically, I suppose i'm asking if the snowboard screws have some special crap to be especially water resistant, or resilient, etc.

My Experience: 1st season riding, tend to like to do my all fixing / maintenance for basic stuff for everything from bicycles to motorcycles to cars.

And off the top of my head, I'm considering picking up a longer rome anthem then my current board.

The omatic awesome (156cm) rides really well for me compared to the other boards i've tried, but I haven't had a chance to go with a lot of the non-mainstream brands. I like the awesome cuz it's stiff enough to be stable at speeds from the top of mammoth, and the radius is small enough to make relatively sharp turns when needed. in the more curvy courses, or avoiding other snowboarders.

Anyone can compare the awesome (156cm) with an rome anthem (159cm) or can give me better insight?

thanks.

Last edited by sapphire_rodent; 09-04-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

The screws should be M5x16... Dakine sells replacement screws if you want to order online etc. Any good hardware store should have them though.

You can always go to your local shred shop and I am sure they would help you out if you are nice!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
earlvb

They're actually M6 (6 x 1.0 mm). 16 mm is the common length, but they can vary depending on baseplate thickness. Bring one of the old ones with when you go to buy. You want stainless steel (SS) hardware so that it doesn't rust. Or just buy from the snowboard shop, they'll have the right stuff. If you get them at the hardware store they won't have the locking compound on the threads. They probably will if you get them from the snowboard shop.