Bataleon Evil Twin (x) Union Or Burton - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
von

Default Bataleon Evil Twin (x) Union Or Burton

All the sifu's in the house ...hola!
I got a bataleon ET but I dont know what bindings I should use.

I have a pair of customs, looking to upgrade heard a lot of good things about unions but only HEARD never tried. Talked to retailers, board shop owners and they all say Unions patents are unreal and are of utmost quality..... again heard havent tried

Despite Burton being Burton I must say they have fairly reliable bindings but nonetheless looking for something even better and cost effective.

Would really appreciate advice. Debating between contacts or force and burton cartels.

von is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

i'd go unions or 390s
eastCOASTkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I love my Customs... I would keep riding them but the toe strap "strap" is shredding. I priced replacing all the straps and I was better off just buying a new pair of bindings.

I went with the Ride "NRc" bindings. Havn't had a chance to ride them yet but the ratchet system looks and feels really sweet now that they renovated it.

You will never hear anything bad out of my mouth concerning Burton bindings. Although I have heard nothing but great things about Union bindings.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

i ride an evil twin with 390s and i love it. moving on to unions after the 390s though.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
von

Default Appreciation

Thank you all for your advice.

rome:
burton: 0
union:

my buddy has some kfc's but I cant hands on them b/c hes on the east coast. He told me hell sell them to me for 100 bucks shipped. kinda new. What do ya think? yay nay

Old 09-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Forces. Unless you KNOW that you want soft bindings then you dont want Contacts. Burtons are pretty reliable, but they have a dumb stock forward lean. I dont like it. Its fine if all you do is charge crazy hard then they work great. Plus, I'm boycotting the big B this year, I can't be ok with what they did to there team the last couple years........

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
von

Nivek I hear ya. Hope you dont hate me but I just got a pair of Co2's. Ironic aint it ? Please allow me to explain..... Sports Chalet 75% off .. . 25% x 350 = $87.5! I couldnt help besides I think thats the best way to punish Burton make them sell their shit for 75% off so profit margins shrink eventually no one will stock their inventory! Highly unlikely hahha.. but their Co2s construction quality isnt too great Burton will definitely suffer down the road if they dont change that made in china ish. Anyhow I am also getting a pair of forces when the season starts apparently home boys got some connects at the shops by the resort.. Dudes or dudettes I cant wait till the season comes.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Good luck with the Co2's, good binding a bit stiff IMO for the evil twin but to each there own. I rock the Union Data's from a couple of years ago which are just a tad stiffer than the Force's. Solid binding, only complaint I have is with the convertible toe strap slipping up when in cap mode. I also had super rounded Nitro MFM boots from a couple of years ago which didn't help. I know they made a change to the toe for last season and I think they further improved for this year. Never had a problem with the buckles freezing or anything breaking. I've had just about every brand of binding at one point and love the Union's. Raiden Phantoms are another to check out also that people sleep on.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
von

Lisevo thanks. I have also been told that the Co2's a tad stiff for the ET. I really want some forces or data's. I was thinking of KFC's 1st gen the white ones too; they are suppose to be based off the datas. Funny thing is everyone says everyones cap falls off haha. Ive rocked burton customs the last few and they come off occasionally.
IDK how but my friend managed to fit another brands toe cap onto his union forces. In fact I think it was a cartel cap strap.. not sure it could be some other brand... maybe Drake.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The KFC's were either Force/Data based don't remember off the top of my head. Their both essentially the same binding though. Base is the same, but the highback is slightly stiffer on the Data not so much that it's a huge difference though. I have seen someone frankenstein on a Ride Capstrap to a Union binding. You could probably do it with the Burton, Rome or Drake strap if you really wanted to, just a question of how much work do you want to do.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote