Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   I need a new board and bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/17407-i-need-new-board-bindings.html)

gotamahuy 09-07-2009 09:57 PM

I need a new board and bindings

ok i cant decide on a board. i am thinking about getting a k2 darkstar, burton custom, or ride dh. i want a freestyle board. my boot size is a ten. the waist width on the board is under 25cm. should i get a wide version? do you guys recommend any other boards? my budget is 200 to 250 for a board.

also bindings. i was debating on getting ride spi or burton cartels est (if i get custom). i just go down the mountain freesytle and hit the park sometimes. which ones should i get or would you guys suggest another binding?

thanks in advance.

ATOTony76 09-07-2009 11:37 PM

This is the millionth thread on "I need new bindings" which will ultimately turn in a argument between Rome 390s and Union Forces.

At any rate, those are the two bindings i would recommend to get the most bang for your buck. They are some of the most comfortable bindings out on the market right now, and will not disappoint. Probably my two best picks for freestyle and all around park.

If you are looking for something cheap, you can go with Burton. After all, you get what you paid for.

Bizzybox 09-08-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATOTony76 (Post 178506)
This is the millionth thread on "I need new bindings" which will ultimately turn in a argument between Rome 390s and Union Forces.

At any rate, those are the two bindings i would recommend to get the most bang for your buck. They are some of the most comfortable bindings out on the market right now, and will not disappoint. Probably my two best picks for freestyle and all around park.

If you are looking for something cheap, you can go with Burton. After all, you get what you paid for.

Thisthisthis.

gotamahuy 09-08-2009 11:45 AM

thanks for the reply. i think i will get the rome 390s. should i get this years model or last year?

also with these bindings what board should i get for 200-250 dollars. a freesytle board. 80% mountain 20% park

Nivek 09-08-2009 02:36 PM

Darkstar with Unions I say. I hope you're expecting to find an 08/09. Look for an 08/09 Jibpan while you're at it. Sick board.

DC5R 09-08-2009 04:14 PM

In order of preference: Darkstar, DH then Custom given your 80/20 breakdown. I put the Custom last only because I have no experience with it. The SPi bindings are stiffffff, which may not be your best choice for park. I don't know if you can mount EST bindings on a regular board, so... The 390s or Unions would be a good choice. Formulas or Targas would also be an option.

Nivek, the Jibpan is a stiff board. I know K2 softened it up for either the 08/09 or the 09/10 model year, but the name really is misleading.

gotamahuy 09-08-2009 06:05 PM

thxs ya im look at last seasons boards. ok between the darkstar and a couple of rome baords which one should i get. rome agent or graft

thanks again

arsenic0 09-08-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATOTony76 (Post 178506)

If this was the case then Burton would make the best bindings, they definitely are not the cheapest.
That said they do make some good bindings, you cant discount them all.

ATOTony76 09-08-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenic0 (Post 178735)
If this was the case then Burton would make the best bindings, they definitely are not the cheapest.
That said they do make some good bindings, you cant discount them all.

true, alot of them are way freaking expensive, but to contradict what i said before, just because a binding is high priced, doesn't mean it is a good binding. But the lower end of burtons bindings, i.e freestyles and customs are absolute crap. So in a way you get what you pay for, but not always the case.

gotamahuy 09-08-2009 08:49 PM

Ok guys i need to make a quick decision. either a k2 darkstar 08/09 for 250 or a never summer premier 07/08 for 200 used. my friend got the never summer and willing to sell to me.

thanks need to make this decision fast