Burton is not that great! - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #91 (permalink)
ribbed

a rep from k2 came in and showed me how to break burton boards. if you have one look at the construction of the edge and where it stops...at the tip right? well face the board out (with the base facing you) and give a good push with your hands....every damn time you will snap part of the edge/base off. its pretty ridiculous. also, if you look at the new t6 you can see the inner body at the top of the board because its see through. if you put any kind of hard pressure on that area, it will break. now look at an atomic or gnu board. the edge stops about where the effective edge ends. thats like that on purpose..to prevent de-lams or any kind of edge pickup.

everyone at my shop breaks burton boards all day because of how seriously shitty they are...

and as far as giving the people in the shop any kind of product information, they dont. they dont even show up to demo days..

and seriously every damn company makes fun on burton...except forum who is owned by burton.

if you want a serious nice board this year, get the riders choice banana magni trax. look at the tips, its all plastic/fiberglass. you can beat the HELL out of it and it wont harm it. and the banana tech is amazing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2007, 07:46 AM   #92 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbed
a rep from k2 came in and showed me how to break burton boards.
ah the joys of 'industrial espionage'.

albeit at a micro level... but watch the kids suck it all up
Old 12-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #93 (permalink)
SNAZ

On some of you guys opinions I agree, but on some disagree. I have an 07 burton Dominant and real old burton missions. I agree that they are over priced, but my board was half off. I was looking at a rome artifact and rome agent, but the burton was actually cheaper and I had heard only good things about the dominant. I hate the missions, the cranks slip notches and wont always open, but i make do with what I have. I love my dominant. Burton can be compared to Apple computers. Way overpriced, great computers though. 75 dollars for a new powerbook charger is ridiculous, but the products are great. there is a reason why Apple is an industry standard for Video and Photography production, and there is a reason that Burton is in a way an industry standard for snowboarding. Overall, they are great at marketing. When a newbie learns about snowboarding, they learn about Burton because they are agressively marketing to that demographic, that is not to say that there products are horrible, but you would see other brands on newbies if the brands actively marketed to the incoming crowd.