Burton is not that great! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Fergeson

i agree with alaric i rock burton cargos in firecracker red and they are nice snowpants , but if there were another company who came out w/ half the designs as burton does for a resonable price i would be buying there snowpants instead, BUT i feel like a faggot wearing my burton boots, i had no choice hy old ones were trashed mid season so i needed a cheap pair and i bought the burton snakes or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i'm sorry your boots make you feel homosexual but check your derogatory statements at the door please.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Here's a fun fact. When a couple of my buddies broke their backs last year Burton ratchets and straps were used to fasten their back braces.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
check your derogatory statements at the door please
this is an open public forum, your gonna hear a lot of stuff you dont like so the best bet is to 'check your feelings at the door'
sevenvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

This is indeed an open forum, however, derogatory statements should be left at the doory. If language gets out of hand, I and the other mods WILL start editing posts.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Hey that's pretty forgiving, I've been on forums where if you make personal attacks or use an excessive amount of foul language they'll just ban your ass. They are actually pretty lenient around here.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:13 AM   #27 (permalink)

Actually, i think Burton is that great. I have been riding their stuff for over 20 seasons. they make stuff for everyone, from beginner weekend warriors to rich morons to guys like me. sure their prices are higher than most in similar categories but thats because they can command those prices. its stupid to assume because it costs more that that means they are saying its "the best". thats a poor insecure persons attitude. every company says their stuff is 'the best". to say there is stuff out there that is way better and way cheaper is dumb. how are you measuring that its "better?". Burton makes quality stuff, they wouldn't be the number one compnay in EVERY category if they didn't. there are no statistics that i am aware of that shows their stuff breaks more or less than anyone elses stuff.

hating on companies is stupid, just pick the gear you like and go with it, if you don't like it: fine. if you do keep on keeping on
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman
I think the biggest negative perception of Burton stem from the newbie theory...Here me out..

How many of you who have been riding for awhile have seen the burton newbie on the mountain..U know, The one who has only been on a board for one or two times and now sports the new burton boots, binders, board, helmet glove , clothes etc...almost a walking billboard if you will. U know the individual bought all that burton because they conceive it to be the best...(blame the tomatoe for that one)...and you know they didnt even contemplate any other brand name...

Its negative opinional perception that creates alot of the Burton dislike..I would like to think MFG wise their product offering has the same quality as most other standard MFG's in the industry..maybe even a bit better
excellent point
Incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
storrisch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
I guess Quicksilver makes boards but to me they're a surf/clothes company, same as Vans. I haven't seen a Head store in the States and they're also a Ski company among a million other sports similar with Adidas.

You do know what I mean though you aren't going to see a Rome, Mervin, Nitro, Palmer etc. store in major US cities and have the ability to move the product without retailer assistance...
Mervin is owned by Quiksilver......FYI.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

most things are owned by Quiksilver!