Burton is not that great! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonfire-Snow

Default Burton is not that great!

alright i really want to ask why burton-whores love burton so much. There are way better board companies out there and they're way cheaper and well.....better. Burton is rich losers that jack up they're prices because it simply has burton on there. It's not that burton sucks and is horrible but come on. I hate when new people into the sport hear about burton and that immediatly the brand they want and they way rather get some 600 dollar board for a f'ckin name! i personally ride a 06 07 k2 www, which is a sick board by the way, my friend was a burton whore until i let him ride my board and guess what he has now, a k2 www. I want to say to all the people coming into the sport that think they need a burton that you should look into other brands, youll get a way better deal with some way better tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
crustyjuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfire-Snow
alright i really want to ask why burton-whores love burton so much. There are way better board companies out there and they're way cheaper and well.....better. Burton is rich losers that jack up they're prices because it simply has burton on there. It's not that burton sucks and is horrible but come on. I hate when new people into the sport hear about burton and that immediatly the brand they want and they way rather get some 600 dollar board for a f'ckin name! i personally ride a 06 07 k2 www, which is a sick board by the way, my friend was a burton whore until i let him ride my board and guess what he has now, a k2 www. I want to say to all the people coming into the sport that think they need a burton that you should look into other brands, youll get a way better deal with some way better tech.
Its like Nike with shoes man. Biggest name in the biz. Not always, or even at all, the best.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Agreed, Burton everything is SO damn expensive. I have Burton Ion boots, but that is because out of 20 some odd pairs of boots they just plain fit my feet the best. I also have a Burton Bullet for my powder board which it's good for, and not much else, not to mention I traded an 1/8 of ganj for it, and never would have bucked up the cash otherwise. They are just an elitist company that doesn't like to throw much back to their custy's as far as deals etc. I never see Burtons for 50% off new and it's just a pita to have to buy another set of mounting plates to use non Burton bindings on their boards. More than anything, I just don't like their style, there are plenty of dedicated companies out there.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You are not going to find many Burton fans on this site. I find that snowboard related item they make, I can get at a better price that performs better. Boots, boards, bindings. So yeah, I think they suck. That's my opinion though and they have plenty of decent (and crappy)product. Some of their softgoods and accessories are hard to beat.

I am tempted to lock this but maybe I'll let it fly for now. If this turns into full on bashing without any reason the one of us mods will slam the door.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

well burton stuff isnt that bad. bindings for example, will usually be
extremely over priced, but surprisingly, i found some brand new P1s
at a surf shop for $130. and some C60s for 190. hard to beat that.
even if you dont plan on using them you can make $100 off each of those
on ebay.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
mcgee1516

Last season I bought the Shaun White sig. jacket, the pinstripe one, because it was on clearance for $90 and i needed a new one bad. I kinda regret it know, i feel somewhat like a tool riding down the mountain in that thing, and i've even had random annoying comments....."Hey! there goes Shaun White"
Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

yeah the only reason i have my burton jacket is because it was 50% off and i found a code for another 50% off that which came to $60+free shipping. Also got a frequency helmet for same deal... came out to be less than $50 for the helmet. Thinking of selling the thing on ebay and $$$ about 60+bucks.
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

I hate Burton hard goods. I've had horrible luck with their bindings and boots, and I've heard nasty stuff about their boards (I'll admit though, I've never used one. Not too keen on trying one either). On the other hand, I've had good luck with their soft goods. My snowpants are Burton Cargos, and the things are awesome.

Burton is a popular brand. Most new people start out with something Burton (I did!) and then progress into something else. Some may like Burton, some may not. In the end it's all personal prefrence. While I may try to discourage someone from buying a Burton product by no means would I not let them buy it. If they've had goodluck with a product then let them continue using it!

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
boarder

i think burton is popular because it is a good product IMO, yeah theres better stuff out there but burton also has the name. Anyways they aren't popular by being named burton they are popular because they've been a good company for a good time. If everyone is talking about them in a good way for the past 20 years then they are doing something right. But yeah if you look for reasons to dislike burton you will find them you can find that with any company. I do agree w/ the walking billboard, even though i have all burton gear and probably looked like one of those at the beggining of the year last year haha. I picked it up because i asked people around that snowboard for their opinions and i got my bindings on clearance or else i would have gone w/ another brand for those...

Last edited by boarder; 11-12-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

yeah after hearing all this talk about 390s i want some... however i ended up getting 08 cartels for $110
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote