What to wear? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What to wear?

Hey everyone!

I'm a snow noob, yup =] LOL, best I've done is walked a city caked in snow... never actually done anything in the snow.

I have my snowboard pants, but was wondering what you wear under them? And under the jacket too?? Just thermals or what??
Blaze182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just use common sense. The colder it is the more you need to layer up. Avoid cottons or other fabrics that don't breathe well. Avoid wools unless it's super cold because they are gross when they get wet, same applies to synthetic fleece.

The best way to go is to get some UnderArmor leggings and compression shirt.
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
NghtSkyyStarz

Last year I bought some UA base layer stuff which I am pretty happy with. Personal preference since I'm a girl, I like to wear gym tank tops or shirts (with a built in bra) under my jacket but it really depends on the conditions you’re in and where you are riding I think. It never gets THAT cold when I'm up there so I like to be able to take town to cool off. You may want to get a neck gator; they are particularly useful for me on windy days riding the lift. I've gone up a couple of times with out base pants on before, and ended up with a pretty frozen bum!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
earlvb

Get a good breathable base layer, then build on that. I actually prefer wool to synthetic, since it doesn't hold odor as bad. I haven't noticed it being gross when wet, but I'm not sure what is meant by that. You can then get some mid layers to build the insulation when it's cold.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I wear wal-mart long underwear and add-on from there.
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
mike.everio

i am new in this field but my friends Mike Everio , Alison Sharman ,Christopher Freville are enjoying this from 10th November 2002 , me also interested to know all accessries for this . any help will be appreciated .
Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.everio View Post
i am new in this field but my friends Mike Everio , Alison Sharman ,Christopher Freville are enjoying this from 10th November 2002 , me also interested to know all accessries for this . any help will be appreciated .
wtf random spam?

Anyways as others said..layer up ..no cotton. Wool is cheaper than synthetic so if cost is an issue go that route...personally wool is too scratchy for me for anything but maybe thick socks...

Its easy to cool off if you start getting hot, just crack your jacket open a bit or open more vents...
Its a trip back down to the lodge or car to buy/get more clothes to keep warm.

I wear the UA thermal top and bottoms, some synthetic thin thermal socks, snow pants(2 layer) and my North face goretex shell...never really had an issue of getting cold.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks everyone!

I didn't think layering a whole lot would be necessary. I'll prob just go with thermals and gym clothes, then the ski pants/jacket on top, should be a little overkill.. but as mentioned, the vents should help fix things.

Thanks!!
Blaze182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze182 View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm a snow noob, yup =] LOL, best I've done is walked a city caked in snow... never actually done anything in the snow.

I have my snowboard pants, but was wondering what you wear under them? And under the jacket too?? Just thermals or what??
Get the cheapest non-cotton thermals you can find. You've never boarded before, you don't even know if you like it.

Once you're sure, you can plunk down a wad on smartwool or something real high quality (made in not China).
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

personally i usually wear boardshorts and a tshirt underneath, but i also buy the warmest outerwear. On the really cold days I'll throw on some underarmour pants and shirt underneath my boardshorts and T and I'm ready to go. Also, make sure you get some good snowboard/ski socks, regular cotton sock will ruin your day