new snowboard gear - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
georgek

Default new snowboard gear

Hello guys.I am snowboarding the last 6 years and I would say my level is intemmediate.I am freeriding most of the times but i want to practice some jumps and tricks as well.I am thinking of buying a snowboard gear that will fit for both.Since I cannot afford very expensive equipment i am currently searching for sales...or i would say great sales!I have found a palmer board,burton mission bindings and burton freestyle boots that make a cheap triad.What do you guys recommend?I am 1.85 tall,176 lbs weight.I need a 1.60m board i think and i wear 11 size boots.Do u think large bindings would be ok?
I am from greece and now residing in durham north carolina.Any good resort recommendation for this winter?I am thinking of day trips.
Any general recommendations?Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
robbied

For your height and weight I would go for something mid-wide and around 156 (unless your riding lots of powder/off-piste then a 160). The combination you mentioned sounds good as long as you make sure everything fits perfectly (boots and bindings).
Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
georgek

Thank you robbied for your quick response.Back in greece I used to ride 160 and felt comfortable.I never had my equipment and since I will pay for it,I just don`t want to regret after my first day..thnx again
Old 09-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
robbied

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgek View Post
Thank you robbied for your quick response.Back in greece I used to ride 160 and felt comfortable.I never had my equipment and since I will pay for it,I just don`t want to regret after my first day..thnx again
If your comfortable with 160 then go for it! It's all about preference really.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
georgek

seams like it is...any ideas about cheap but convenient boards?Searching through the forums I never saw a single thread for palmer.will it be a mistake..?Should I pay something more for another option?and if yes,like what?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
robbied

I've heard good things about Palmer but never ridden one.
Are you looking on sierrasnowboards.com?
The Burton Custom is a good allround performer as is the Custom X if you want something stiffer.
The Signal OG is also a good choice.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
georgek

Yeap.I am checking out sierra as well as other sites.Burton custom is rather expensive at this time.About the stifness,I will probably go down the slope most of the time(freeride it is..right?)but would like to try some jumps.At last,for my level of excellence,it may not be so important to stick out with so many details.Maybe,as most times in life,my decision will be judged by the result!Thanks anyway for your help.