Anyone ride with these boots? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone ride with these boots?

I need new boots for this season and cant decide on what to get. I never used the BOA laces before so give me your opinion on them. These are the boots im looking at:

- 2010 DC Siloh BOA
- DC Park
- 2009 DC Judge BOA
- 2010 K2 Transit BOA
Jerzey Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i hate the shit out of boa, i just cant get them to feel right on my feet. but dc does make my favorite boots, they just feel the best on my feet. any dc with laces i would reccomend
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Can't comment on any of the above boots, but I had some Vans Cirros for a short while.

The Cirros were very comfy but they were BOA Focus boots, so two BOAs on each boot, making it easier to adjust the fit--I've read single BOA boots can cause issues (pressure points, etc) for some people. Make sure you try them all on.

I was probably unlucky but one of my BOAs locked. I've read other reports of BOAs locking or snapping which, if you're on a mountain on the first day of your ski trip, would be very annoying. Consequently, I'm a bit reluctant to rely on BOAs 100%.

My next boots are K2 T1s. BOA on the inside to lock down the heel, good old laces on the outside. Take a look at the K2 T1 DBs too.
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Only buy the BOA lacing system if it has at least a dual system to tighten. If you can tighten the top and bottom of the boot individually then I would get them otherwise one boa on a boot blows.

I have Thirty Two Focus Boa and I love them. Have held up well so far (50+ days riding on them last year)
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rode the 08 Judges the last two seasons, they worked GREAT for me (single BOA). Just got the 09 Judge to replace them (dual BOA). They're a great mid-flexing boot that has a lot of achilles support, but as with ANY boot purchase, TRY THEM ON!!
spirited driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

All of us could reccommend 1,000 different boots to you. The ONLY way to get boots is to try them on first and make sure they fit YOUR foot the best. Everyones foot is different. Fitting boots is a lot like fitting helmets. Its never the same from person to person.
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

try them on. I've never ridden them, but I was just reading that DC's liners are super shitty
Old 09-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yea i know everyones foot is different. I love DC boots and always ride with them. Just wondering what people thought of the BOA system. I usually hear bad things about them. Guess ill stay away from them
Jerzey Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Boarder View Post
Yea i know everyones foot is different. I love DC boots and always ride with them. Just wondering what people thought of the BOA system. I usually hear bad things about them. Guess ill stay away from them
Read this thread: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...g-systems.html
Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

I feel the total opposite I just wrote this on another thread earlier so heres a copy of it:
Right now im rockin a pair of K2 primes with the single boa system. Ill tell you this I will never go back to laces again, the ease of how you can loosen or tighten you boot is rediculous. while all my friends feet are cramping up on the lift I just pop the wheel to loosen them all up knowing when we get to the top it will take me literally 3 seconds to tighten them back up and my feet are fresh for every run. If im on a run and the boot feels loose I dont even have to stop, just reach down and spin the wheel a few clicks, and im good to go. The single zone area is the only thing thats kind of annoying because the whole boot tightens at the same level so you cant have it loose on your foot and tight around your calf. It doesnt bother me it would just be a plus to have a dual zon thats why im picking up a pair of dual zone boa boots this season, after that I dont think it gets any better lol

I hear alot of ppl talking shit about boa system, but most have never owned a pair, my experience with them,( about 3 year with boas) is they are the shit, never had one break at all, I really cant come up with anything bad about this system.

I never rode with the ones mentioned but my boy has the judges and loves them, they make a solid boot just freakin expensive.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote