Boot lacing systems - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Colo Springs E

Default Boot lacing systems

Do any of you prefer just "plain old" regular laces on your boots vs the more complex systems some boots have?

My Burton Motos seem to really be able to snug up well on my feet, but having the Upper Zone and Lower Zone systems seems a little of a hassle to me. I also wonder how well they'll hold up (ie will they break?).

Any opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've got about 40 days on my motos and the laces are starting to fray a little bit, but no breaking.

And the lower and upper zone is amazing...... Otherwise you don't have control over the bottom of your boot getting tight, unless you have regular laces.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

I like the motos lacing system cause it is very quick to put on but I also like regular lacing just too lazy to tie them lol
pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Right now im rockin a pair of K2 primes with the single boa system. Ill tell you this I will never go back to laces again, the ease of how you can loosen or tighten you boot is rediculous. while all my friends feet are cramping up on the lift I just pop the wheel to loosen them all up knowing when we get to the top it will take me literally 3 seconds to tighten them back up and my feet are fresh for every run. If im on a run and the boot feels loose I dont even have to stop, just reach down and spin the wheel a few clicks, and im good to go. The single zone area is the only thing thats kind of annoying because the whole boot tightens at the same level so you cant have it loose on your foot and tight around your calf. It doesnt bother me it would just be a plus to have a dual zon thats why im picking up a pair of dual zone boa boots this season, after that I dont think it gets any better lol
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've been riding Boa now for like 6 seasons and 5 pairs of boots. I'll never go back. Nothing stays as locked in as Boa. Just like a ski boot if you flex in a boa boot you'll get it tighter in all the right spots.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Northwave Speed Lace system here. 2 yanks and you're done! Seperate zones is the ONLY way to go for anything with non-traditional laces! Also, I prefer liners that have inner laces IN the liner, not some cuff etc.

Last edited by FLuiD; 09-15-2009 at 08:44 AM.
FLuiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Northwave SL is very good and robust.
yusoweird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
snowboardkid156

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdsnowman View Post
I love laces and will stick with them. Ive tried the boas and honestly dont like snakes wrapped around my feet(thats what they feel like). The laces on my Vans BFB's have held up for years now. I do have an extra pair of laces in my backpack just in case
I agree, I can't do the boa's either. They feel too restricting.. and I'm always afraid they're going to break. I havn't had a problem with the laces on any of my thirty two's, so I'm fully content the way I am! haha
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I rather like the Boa system. I have the focus which tightens two zones. Since I do a lot of backcountry touring, being able to quickly loosen the uppers for hiking and crank them back down for the descent is fantastic. I also want to check out boots with the BOA liner. That could be better than having the dual zone. No matter lace system I have used for liners, they just don't stay as locked as a BOA system would.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Boa Conda is the shit, I will never go back to a traditional pull lace for the liner ever.