GNU pickle/street series - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
sno33

Default GNU pickle/street series

So ive narrowed my board choices down to a GNU pickle and GNU street series...

not really sure of which one to get but i mainly ride all mountain but im wanting to get into the park this next season. any suggestions or ideas?

Im also not sure of what size get so details on that would be good... im roughly 160lbs and im 5'9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

For an all mountain board between the two i would say go with the pickle. Believe it or not it is a little stiffer than the series. ALSO the pickle is Asymetrical so your heels are always on the same side of the board because it has a deeper edge on the heelside. As for size, i would say like a 153? I could be off a bit on that.

Eitherway, you wouldn't be disapointed. I just think that the Street series is going to be a little on the soft side for ya
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

where do you ride an all mt board means different things if you are from a small or big mountain. for me in Washington and Montana at 160lb i wouldnt go smaller then a 156 maybe 159 because im looking for float in the powder and stability at speed. Theirs nothing wrong with a bigger board in the park they just spin a little slower.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

that is also true. If you are riding the east (like myself) i can ride a smaller board than someone my size out west where they have "real" snow (lets face it, riding in the east is nothing but ice) So i can ride a smaller board because i don't need that float.
TeamSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

he said he wants to get in the park this season though, id say stick with something under 156 for sure, im 150 lbs and at 5'9 ,i ride a 152 and its the perfect size. 153 would be optimal for park shredding
j.gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
earlvb

I have the Pickle and I like it for riding all over. I'm 5'4" but I weigh 160. The 156 handles the all mtn duty for me. It was a little lacking in the deep stuff though. For a more playful board, I think the 153 would be fine. Length probably boils down to personal preference, do you want longer for more stability & speed, or shorter to be more playful. What are you on right now, and what do like or not like about it?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
sno33

im currently riding a custom x 152... i do prefer this length so i might just get a 153. Just not sure if i should go with the street series or pickle at this stage
Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
earlvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sno33 View Post
im currently riding a custom x 152... i do prefer this length so i might just get a 153. Just not sure if i should go with the street series or pickle at this stage
The Pickle will be stiffer than the Street, so the Street will be more forgiving and playful, but give up a little speed and stability. I don't know how the flex of the Custom X compares to those two though.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
secretwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlvb View Post
The Pickle will be stiffer than the Street, so the Street will be more forgiving and playful, but give up a little speed and stability. I don't know how the flex of the Custom X compares to those two though.
I still rhave on my custom x, although i never ride on park pickle, i would assume custom x will be stiffer than the park pickle.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am riding a 2009 GNU Street. It's slightly stiffer than a SK8 Banana. Sick board though, I love it. Everyone already knows how fun it is in the park but what surprised me was how stable it was at big mountain. I usually am riding steeper terrain (Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Sunshine Village) and I don't find it wiggly or unstable at all, while doing cliffs, high speed steeps - something I was wondering about when I bought it. Oh and it slays the pow too.
I haven't rode the Pickle yet. I am 6'1" 160lbs my board is the 157cm btx.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote