What Bataleon Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What Bataleon Board?

All right guys I need help from any bataleon experts. I don't know if I should get the Fun kink 53 or the airobic 55. I'm 147lbs about 5'11 and closer to expert ability. I've worked in snowboard parks for the last 5 years off and on. 95% of my time is spent in the park. I lov jibbin rails half the time and spend the other half of my time on 40ft jumps. Because of my weight I'm thinking that the evil twin 55 might not be as buttery a I want, but the other 2 might have more flex than what I'm looking for....anyway thanks for your help guys. Just want to make sure I make a good investment.
pngboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If I did mostly jibs, I wouldn't get the fun.kink. I'd stick with either the Airobic or the ET because they have the 'true twin' TBT with a wider flat center section.

I've got an Airobic and it's a great park board and it does decent on the rest of the mtn. Sometimes, it is definitely too soft, and it's not gona win any speed competitions...but when you're out of the park, if you just butter and dick around, it fits the bill nicely. That said, I hated the extruded base on the Airobic - but then again, I think extruded bases suck balls no matter what board they're on.

I don't know if I'd take the Airobic off a 40 footer though...

IIRC, they're making a special run of ET's this season that have sintruded base.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote