park pickle & t-rice c-2 btx - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question park pickle & t-rice c-2 btx

hey, guys i seem to be the guy who has to keep putting these threads up for friends but here i go again. i have two this time. my brothers GF just called an is getting my bro a bday gift an wants to know what board she should get him (lucky SOB) an said he wants the t-rice c-2. she says he over heard him say he wants the new t-rice c-2 btx. anyone know anything about it. i know its rare that someone rode it but whats the deal on it? he rides mostly park give me the 411 on c-2 while ur at it. like what board is the c-2 park killer?

second a friend wants the park pickle hows that at the park?
Booshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

the t.rice is not really a park board, unless you're taking it off 100ft jumps

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Resident poet

I need a gf like that. Both are sick, imagine the trice c2btx is fr geared toward doing fs stuff while blasting the hill (abit stiffer) verses the park pickle would be great doing all mtn fs (while not blasting down the hill...a tad stiffer than a straight park/jib)...mind you we don't really have a park nor do I really ride park...but to some at the little hill, it is considered a park. Wife knows I lust the pickle...doubt she'll get me one.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 09-17-2009 at 03:05 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks...i herd it wasnt much of a park board the trice that is but whats the deal on the c-2? whats its positives an negatives? an are any of the boards with c-2 a park board?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
earlvb

The Pickle isn't very soft, so I's say it isn't exactly a jib type of board if that's what you're looking for in the park. It's more of a mid flex all around board.

There don't really any "park" boards with C2. I think that's because the regular banana is looser and more playful than C2. It sounds like you're looking for a Mervin deck, but if not the Never Summer Evo-R and Circuit-R have R.C. Tech which is very similar to C2 and came before it.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if your looking into c2 you should tell her to look at the evo-r or sl-r from never summer. the r.c. tech in never summer is the same basic design as lib's c2 only never summer had at least a year prior.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I say the park pickle. Even though it's a little stiffer than the ordinary park board its actually better that way because it is reverse camber...very reverse camber. It ends up being a perfect balance to the shape so its nice and pressy and has stability on bigger landings. Unlike soft wishy washy RC boards.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks for the help......so pretty much the c-2 is more like a powder board? or a 50ft+ kicker taker? an the pickle is a good all around board?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
earlvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booshy View Post
thanks for the help......so pretty much the c-2 is more like a powder board? or a 50ft+ kicker taker? an the pickle is a good all around board?
The Pickle works well for me as an all around board. I don't really jib, I like to play on the whole mountain though, if that makes sense. It has a medium flex that works for me.

I haven't had a chance to ride C2 yet, but it should hold better than regular banana and have more pop. Check reviews on the Never Summer RC tech, it should be similar. It's not that C2 is bad in the park, it's just that Mervin has put it on boards that are stiffer. To me, a stiffer board isn't really meant for the park. I've thought about picking up a 153 T. Rice to use all over, because I also like to charge (Sometimes the Pickle doesn't hold as well as I like.), but I have other boards for that, and I'm trying to move in a more trick oriented direction. Personally, I'd like to see C2 on a softer deck. We can only hope, or look at other companies.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation

i guess that makes sense. i just kept hearing how futuristic an crazy it was. an they made a big deal when banana came out. i got the limit edition trs banana the first year banana came out an i love it. my bro rode it an i guess wanted to show me up with the latest an greatest lib-tech lol.

i just kept hearing how much pop an control u have with the c-2. pop usualy means a good kicker board an good park board so i wanted to make sure what it really does. an to be honest i still really dont get what it does haha.

so for the most part everyone agrees just go with the banana skate? an my friend took your advise an bought the pickle....