09' Rome artifact???? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LTshredTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 568
Default 09' Rome artifact????

i just got a 09' artifact for a good deal...im just wondering how it does out of the park??? i know its awsome in the park cause its flexiable as crap, but just wondered how it handled on the mtn. i wont be doing any 40-50mph shots down the slope so thats no worry! haha
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,477
Default

enjoy those bronze edges?
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FLuiD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO USA Earth
Posts: 957
Default

It's a Park/Street board and SUCKS on the mountain from my experience. Maybe im just old cuz I have seen people ride it all over. Definitely wouldn't recommend it though. I have had a few of them too. They work great for rails/boxes/jibs! I bought my first one thinking I could ride it all over and broke 2 ribs riding it off the Pali lift at ABasin, hehe.
__________________
on Backcountry.com!
http://twitter.com/Mr_FLuiD
FLuiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LTshredTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuiD View Post
It's a Park/Street board and SUCKS on the mountain from my experience. Maybe im just old cuz I have seen people ride it all over. Definitely wouldn't recommend it though. I have had a few of them too. They work great for rails/boxes/jibs! I bought my first one thinking I could ride it all over and broke 2 ribs riding it off the Pali lift at ABasin, hehe.
holy crap!! how did u break 2 ribs??? man now u got me 2nd guessing it.... i didnt think it could be that bad on the mtn....
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FLuiD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO USA Earth
Posts: 957
Default

Was going WAYY to fast and slipped an edge... Hit some chop and carve to flop! Fell on a "smoking apparatus" that was in my jacket pocket. The x-ray's were sweet. I had to tell the dr I fell on my crackberry!

Don't keep hard objects in your upper chest/rib area jacket pockets kids!!!
__________________
on Backcountry.com!
http://twitter.com/Mr_FLuiD
FLuiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
chupacabraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monashees
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuiD View Post
Was going WAYY to fast and slipped an edge... Hit some chop and carve to flop! Fell on a "smoking apparatus" that was in my jacket pocket. The x-ray's were sweet. I had to tell the dr I fell on my crackberry!
Don't keep hard objects in your upper chest/rib area jacket pockets kids!!!
Lol, smoking apparatus! I actually had a skier smoke me in mid-air (how does that happen?) and my completely smashed/bent up digi-cam probably saved me from a broken rib.
It's usually best to carry as little as possible in your pockets though, or things as slim as possible.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
j.gnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: oxnard,ca
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
holy crap!! how did u break 2 ribs??? man now u got me 2nd guessing it.... i didnt think it could be that bad on the mtn....
a snowboard is only as good as the person who's riding it
j.gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FLuiD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO USA Earth
Posts: 957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.gnar View Post
a snowboard is only as good as the person who's riding it
__________________
on Backcountry.com!
http://twitter.com/Mr_FLuiD
FLuiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LTshredTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 568
Default

so is this thing gonna be as bad on the slopes as i think??? is the bronze edges what makes it suck?
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LTshredTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 568
Default

ok so if this board wouldnt be the best for me then....how would the K2 WWW compare?? does it have bronze edges?? i just want a good flex board that wont be out of control if i take it down the slope..
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums