Need help with finding a differnt pair of boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:50 PM
VTS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Need help with finding a differnt pair of boots

Well as the title says, I am in need of finding some new boots. Last season I just focused on learning to ride properly and do basic rails and jumps so this year I am wanting to focus on just park riding. Here is what i currently have:

board: ns revolver
boots: vans encore size 11.5
bindings: rome arsenals large

Right now, my boots hurt the backs of my legs real bad when i ride all day and i also get heel lift pretty bad which caused me to get inserts to put in the boots. After a good weekend of boarding, my legs will hurt for 3-4 days after because of the boots. So far I have tried on a bunch of burton and k2 boots and found that the burton freestyles feel great and were more comfortable than shoes I was wearing at the time lol. I was trying to avoid getting boots with laces though since I loved the boa system on the vans but I am willing to sacrifice looks and ease of use for comfort at this point.

So overall, I am just looking to find a good park boot that will still work with my bindings and not kill the backs of my legs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:16 PM
VTS

Thanks for the info. I suppose I will just go with the freestyles then.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 01:42 PM
von

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you considered going half a size down since you've got heal lift. Also do both legs hurt or only the back leg ?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You're in boots that are too big that's your problem.

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
VTS

Both of my legs hurt. They hurt starting about 3/4 of the way up the boot to the top of the boot on my leg. And yes I was actually going to go down to an 11 if I go with the freestyles. I was just hoping to find something like that with a boa system on them. I am not sure if it is the heel lift or something else that is causing those boots to hurt the backs of my legs though. I do know that most of the other boots I tried on had alot of extra padding in that area over my vans encores though.

Edit: just saw burtonavengers post

Thanks for the info guys, hopefully my next pair of boots will make it much more fun to board.

Last edited by VTS; 09-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 03:57 PM
von

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use to have the boa system on my DC boots now I have Burton boots w/ traditional lacing. I suspect that the boa system tightens evenly all across. Unfortunately, my feet isn't even all the way across thus creating pressure points and gaps where there shouldn't be IMO. Maybe Vans boots have different cuffs that truly conform to your feet but not DC. Go b for boots.. definitely think they are more comfy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode