Jamie Lynn Half Cap - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jamie Lynn Half Cap

Thoughts on the Jamie Lynn Half Cap? I tried to search the forum but only found it mentioned in two posts with not much elaboration. I am looking for a camber board right now and something on the stiffer side. Something that can definetly charge the mountain on days I ride alone. This season I have been out alone a lot in Vermont cause my girlfriend can't make the trips in the winter being a school teacher. Mostly at Mount snow but got up to Jay Peak a few times this year so a board that can handle bigger jumps at snow but also navigate glades with ease would be nice this board seems to fit the bill pretty well. Evo has a great price on a Blem right now that is why I'm strongly considering it, just looking for some input first

Other boards I have been considering
-Custom Twin (camber)
-mountainslayer (people say it's like a cambered Proto to soft for what I'm looking for but I'm a sucker for never summer)
-gnu billy goat (how is it on groomers may be to backcountry freeride oriented?)

Looked at custom x just seems like overkill and price is to high all the other boards I can get for at least 100 less

Open to other suggestions

Thanks
raffertyk2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

From riding a Billy Goat twice at Big white, it's not great in groomers, quite squierrelly in my opinion. Not goo d for hard charging. BUT its great in powder.

The Custom X might SEEM overkill, but I can assure you that it is amazing at charging down the mountain and can hold its edge like no other. Definitely stiff ad carving feels really comfortable on it. Oh and on jumps, for perhaps a backseat landing, it really pops you in back to position. Not too great in powder though.

Sorry for the vagueness but that's what I have to say!

agaysnowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

I love my c2btx billy goat but I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, it is not camber. I don't find it to be as "squirrely" as some people say it is. I think they may be flat basing a little too much. It can rip up groomers if you ride aggressively, get on the edges and keep the nose pointed down the fall line. It is the shit in powder and quick and responsive in the glades. There are probably boards that would be better on groomers and and still good in the glades. I would imagine that the newer Billy Goat with c3btx which is apparently basically camber would be less "squirrely" but I haven't ridden one.
taco tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote