Dark Series VS. T Rice - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
robbied

Hey buddy,

I also free-ride mostly.

I have the T.Rice C2BTX in a 161.5. Its a great free-ride/free-style board. Its stiff enough to charge hard but still has a playful feel.
It floats well in the soft stuff too. It's a great big-mountain/powder board. Waist width (260mm).

The thing is I wouldn't recommend it if your not riding much off-piste/fresh. You already have a 162.

Why not get something shorter? I ride a 156.5 Capita Black Death on the local mountains (we don't get much pow) and I love it. It's so much fun. Turns very quickly. Powerful edge-hold. Is VERY stable at high speeds. Easy to throw around. Very lightweight. Perfect board for hard-charging (I must again say how damn stable at high speeds this thing is).
It comes in a 159W which I would recommend for you (im slightly shorter and lighter than you).
Also this board is my 'beater' so it has taken a lot of hits. Not only is it lightweight, its also durable.

I was worried about riding a shorter board (my first was a 164) but I am now converted. My 161.5 T.Rice is my go-to board for powder/big-mountain overseas (we have small mountains and not much powder in Australia).

Otherwise the Never Summer Legacy-R in a 159 would be perfect too. I have the non-rockered version and its a killer board in all terrain. The new rockered model would be even better. Slightly wider than both the T.Rice and Black Death (265mm).

Haven't ridden the Dark Series but I understand its a stiff free-ride board. I would think its a bit too stiff for park which you obviously ride a little bit of.

Last edited by robbied; 10-02-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement