Help with sizing question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help with sizing question

hey guys im looking most likely buying the 2010 skate banana but im not sure on what size of board i should buy.. Im mostly into park/jibbing but also love to charge down the mountain sometimes too..so im wondering if i should get the 152 or 156 since theres nothing inbetween.. If i get the 152 will it ride ok when im just messin around? Im 5'10" and 160 pounds...also i have a size 11 boot, should i go for a wide board?
evolvepwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

anyone? :-\
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
earlvb

Do you have to worry about powder riding? If you do you may want to go with the 156. It'd also fair better outside the park. If you want it more playful take the 152. How does your current board compare, and which way do you think you'd go based on it? I THINK your feet are fine for either, but I don't have that problem, so get some more input about that.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Right now im using a 159 which is way to big...Im on the east coast and do most of my boarding in NY and vermont so powders not a big issue..and id say im only an intermediate rider just doing 3s and some small jibs for the first time last season looking to go a lot further this season so im not sure if i should go for the 156 since 152 is a lot shorter than i use now
Old 09-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

with a size 11 you are most likely are going to need to do 156. If you are going to be doing any terrain at all...or are going to be charging anything on this board, I would go for a 156 over 152. If you want it as a pure jib stick, go 152 if your feet fit. This board is a bit of a quiver board, though I have seen some people riding these on powder days.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
earlvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvepwnz View Post
Right now im using a 159 which is way to big...Im on the east coast and do most of my boarding in NY and vermont so powders not a big issue..and id say im only an intermediate rider just doing 3s and some small jibs for the first time last season looking to go a lot further this season so im not sure if i should go for the 156 since 152 is a lot shorter than i use now
Well, I'm not much help. Are you going to keep the 159? That may point towards the 152. I'm also 160 and would be making the same choice. I'd go 156 for all around, but I don't really jib or hit the park. We can also get powder days here. If I was looking to mostly play, I'd go 152. I hope someone answers the foot size question, but I think you're fine.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

alright cool thanks alot man..i was also just wondering since im just getting into learning like bigger jumps bigger rails and just all around still learning alot in the park you think it would be easier to learn with a 152 or 156?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
alright cool thanks alot man..i was also just wondering since im just getting into learning like bigger jumps bigger rails and just all around still learning alot in the park you think it would be easier to learn with a 152 or 156?
See post 5
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
the smaller the board the easier it will be to control, you arent much bigger than me and i ride a 152 skate banana. ,im 5'9 and 150 and it works out perfectly. i dont know why AWNOW is surprised people ride these on pow days, its a fucking machine in powder...it floats like nothing else i've ridden

edit: as for the foot sizing, the 152 sizes up to 10.5....not too sure if you would have gnarly overhang due to the .5 difference in size. the 156 has the same size range, 8.5-10.5 but they also have it in wide

Last edited by j.gnar; 09-22-2009 at 01:30 PM.
j.gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

yea i think i want the 152..but im not so sure about the width..i just looked up and like jgnar said it says 10.5 and under..you think i can get by with a size 11 boot on the board?