New Board - Chance to Demo? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default New Board - Chance to Demo?

Fully committed to getting a new board this year. I have it somewhat narrowed down based on reviews but would love to demo at least a few of these boards, especially since I have never ridden reverse camber or flatline/kick. What are the chances I can actually ride any of these boards on the east coast?

Never Summer SL-R
K2 Slayblade
Ride Machete
Capita Indoor Survival
Rome Pusher 85

If I am forced to buy without trying then I am going NS SL-R all the way but I would really like to try out that Slayblade.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

We will be doing a demo @ Hunter Mtn. NY, Dec. 4,5th. But the SL would be the safest and best forced buy of your life. If you want to see agood review on it or other boards your looking at go to shayboarder.com or angryboarder.com

Vince Sanders
Never Summer Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq33 View Post
Fully committed to getting a new board this year. I have it somewhat narrowed down based on reviews but would love to demo at least a few of these boards, especially since I have never ridden reverse camber or flatline/kick. What are the chances I can actually ride any of these boards on the east coast?

Never Summer SL-R
K2 Slayblade
Ride Machete
Capita Indoor Survival
Rome Pusher 85

If I am forced to buy without trying then I am going NS SL-R all the way but I would really like to try out that Slayblade.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
ek3

Yes! Guess who's going now? Will there be other demo's around NJ, PA, NY? I am stuck between the Evo and the SL like majority of people.
ek3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek3 View Post
Yes! Guess who's going now? Will there be other demo's around NJ, PA, NY? I am stuck between the Evo and the SL like majority of people.
I'll find out about any additional demo's in your area and post soon. Between the two boards, the SL has more rubber dampening, set back and is stiffer. If you want more stability at speed, float in deeper pow and a little more directional ride, edge hold in a hard carve on a groomer while still having an excellent freestyle board. Then the SL is the one. If you like a softer flex for buttering and pressing, a little less dampening for lighter swing weight and lively feel, than the Evo be it. However our Rocker/Camber and Vario sidecut make the Evo the most versatile twin tip on the market. I would go by where your spending the majority of your time and your flex preference.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote