Big Feet! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
likefoxes

Default Big Feet!

Hi i know this topic has been posted before but i was wondering about a couple of things...the past couple of seasons i've been riding a rossignol wave (which is a wide board and also terrible)and i have size 11 (uk) feet. Does my foot size mean that i have to stick to wide boards or can i get away with riding a normal sized one? Also can anyone reccomend any boots that will help make my foot smaller? i had some vans one which i have sold that were massive. Is there a certain stance width i should stick to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

All boots will make your foot smaller, it's just a matter of what your foot find's comfy.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
lukem5

As far as having big feet goes it sucks : /.

I remember when I was a kid and I was pretty ood at snowbaording, but every since my feet have started growing massively (I am almost 18 now) I have had to start getting wide baords, I suck much more than I did when I was 12 years old, life just isn't fair

I have tried to get away with riding on a regular board, but there is just way too much drag. Once I even went snowboarding with regular canvas shoes just so I could barley fit into a regular board, and man was it great... before my feet blistered to the point where I had to go to the hospital...

But yeah, atleast your feet arent size 14 US, and growing, kinda just ruins my dream of snowboarding to have big feet.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm a 13 US and I guess it doesn't bother me using a wide board because I've been using them since they were basically planks that you stood on and went down the mountain with! In terms of brands with smaller footprints both Ride and Salomon definitely decrease the footprint a bit but seriously I would only go with boots that are comfortable regardless of the size of the footprint. With the size you have even with a smaller footprint you're still going to have to ride at least a midwide board
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote