Need help buying first board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
bluesnowmen

Default Need help buying first board

Hello, I have been boarding for about 3 years now and I am getting my first board this year. I had always rented and just let them give me whatever, plus, I've grown and lost alot of weight and built a decent amount of muscle. So I have no idea about my sizes anymore. I am 5ft. 11" and 7/8ths (basically 6 foot). I wear a size 12 shoe (idk about boot if its any different). I weigh 172 lbs. I ride in the park so I want a park board. the length im looking at is 157cm. With a width of 24.9cm its a 08 flow team antti autti board. Can anybody help me out here? any and all help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

So what exactly is your question? And what is your budget? The 08 Flow Team Antti Autti is a directional twin and not really a park board per se which you said you wanted. So do you want a park board or more of an all-mtn freestyle board you can take into the park? You can get a new park board for under $400 like the K2 WWW or Capita Horroscope FK which are offered in wide since you have size 12's.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
bluesnowmen

right sorry for the unclarity. Price is an issue and that board is the best board i could find for the cheapest price (its under 200) but my question was if my boot would be too big for the board. And my friend said the board isnt made for the park but it rides great it in.. once again. sorry for not being clear.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i think that board may not be wide enough personally.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Transworld and Snowboarder

Check out the major snowboard magazines, or better yet their websites. At the beginning of the year mags like Transworldsnowboarding and Snowboarder send out their pros to ride all of the snowboard companies new sticks for the year. Then they rank them. With new styles like V-rockers, alternate/reverse camber, etc., this is the best way to find the best board for you compaired to your budget, skill level, and type of riding you prefer (park, freestyle, all mountain).

Seriously look into Transworld's "good wood" and snowboarders "best of test". Even if you aren't in the market for a brand new board, you can still look up what these magazines thought of the 2008 or 2009 models through archived lists
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh, yeah. And you need a Wide board dude. If you have size 12's, you need a wide
Old 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
bluesnowmen

yeah. i figured i would need one but i cant find any full specs on the same board in a larger size or the lenth of the boots im looking at. it is kind of pissing me off... does anybody know any ways i could find out these things?
Old 09-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

100% need a wide board. You want something with a waist width around 26mm.
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
bluesnowmen

do u think if i were to get the board in size 159 i would be safer? 0.0 last year i had once ridden a 162 it was too big but a 160 was okay. 0.0 but like i said. i weigh alot less now. and im taller. so i dont know
alsow i just found the width of the 159. it says its 25.6 mm would that be good. and do u think 159 would be too big?

Last edited by bluesnowmen; 09-26-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: found something new
Old 09-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Depends on how you dropped that weight and the possibility of it creeping back. Also keep in mind how long you are going to have this board for. I'm a very athletic 6'2" 205 lb's and I started out on a 160. New board and I found it had very little pop.