Whats Really Good, With Rome 390s - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fergeson

Default Whats Really Good, With Rome 390s

Ive been looking for a new pair of freestyle bindings, I heard a lot of people recomending the rome 390s for other people, and It sort of took me by suprise cause rome is such a new company. I know Rome makes good boards I ride one. But how are their Bindings? Im looking for people who rocked them last year to sort of give me their opinion on how they felt.

I was also looking at possibly getting the Flux Titan or SuperTitan, Flux E.X.P, or The Forum Republic binding. If anyone has any comments on those too i'd be happy to read them.

What Im looking for are durable bindings that are responsive but not too responsive yet somewhat flexy for butters, tailpresses... and what not , i dont want bindings that have a highback that dig into my calf.

I want the good and the bad dont think ill be offended if you dont like my choices, I'll probably call you a mean name or something.

Thanks,
I look forward to your commments, and opinions

P.S . is that enough smilies? I cant hardly ever tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fergeson

yo whats crackin' B
Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

I've got 390's. The things are amazing. They've got a great feel. They're also mega durable. I put mine through a hard time, and they're still doing awesome, only a couple paint chips. I highly recommend these bindings

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
crustyjuggler

I had the Flux Titan on the my short list of bindings this year but opted for something else because a lot of the reviews I've read almost all say that it has a cheap, flimsy feel to them. So that may come into play as far as durability is concerned.

I actually had my binding search narrowed down to the 390s and K2 Forum. Went with the K2 because I liked the shorter high back and I got a good deal on a pair. Plus, I think they look freakin' sweet.

We'll see how they turn out. I doubt you could go wrong with the 390s though. Have heard nothing but good about them.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you could also check out the Arsenal from Rome...as I understand, it's got a lower highback and is more flexible than the 390
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Man I like my 390s. They get the job done well and are pretty bad ass lookin. This years SE version is awesome. What board are you riding?
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fergeson

Im riding a Rome Machine 159 I like it a lot. Its pretty flexy its good for rails and trannies. Its a really good all park board.

Thanks for the posts so far they are realy helping, I ruled out Flux even though they are mad tempting cuz they look so cool. Its down to rome, or forum.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
MassMan

hey, i just got the 08 390's and i must say they look mad sweet. Seeing as though i live on the east coast and haven't ridden them yet, i cant say much about the performance. What I can say is I've honestly heard no bad reviews about them. Also you can adjust a bunch of stuff on them.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fergeson

Its tuff to decide even with all these good reviews im not giving up on the Forum Republics. It seem like their every thing im looking for but ill feel stupid if i buy the rupublics and then wish i bought the 390s